UConn vs. Purdue Home and Home signed... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Purdue Home and Home signed...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The PurfCT trophy is being designed as we speak
The PURfeCT Game. I like it. Someone go down to Walmart and buy us $12.99 trophy and we're in business.

1543359113098.png

Reaction Score
Huh, so now we have three different series with B10 teams in Football; Illinois, Indiana and now Purdue.
If I recall, the B1G recognizes UConn as a P5 level opponent for conference scheduling commitments. So, im sure they are all lining up for a full credit gimme. By then, I’m hoping we have returned to kick butt status.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I feel awful. I should be excited about this news, but I can't. This year has sucked out all my enthusiasm. I just see: Purdue 66, UConn 3.

Someone tell me to man up and get back in the game. I need smelling salts, or a slap in the face.

Reaction Score
I feel awful. I should be excited about this news, but I can't. This year has sucked out all my enthusiasm. I just see: Purdue 66, UConn 3.

Someone tell me to man up and get back in the game. I need smelling salts, or a slap in the face.

We don't play them until 2021. That won't be this year's team (hopefully).

Reaction Score
Well, we do play Indiana and Illinois in 2019. Idiot Randy.

Reaction Score
Well, we do play Indiana and Illinois in 2019. Idiot Randy.
Not Randy’s fault they are scheduled. Just the rest is. These games we’re supposed to show we can compete and aim for B1G inclusion. Instead they will demonstrate what an utter clown show we have going on.

Reaction Score
If I recall, the B1G recognizes UConn as a P5 level opponent for conference scheduling commitments. So, im sure they are all lining up for a full credit gimme. By then, I’m hoping we have returned to kick butt status.

Right :) The phone is probably ringing off the hook - and meanwhile UCF just gets a busy signal when they call to schedule games.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am dying to see the first artist sketches of this PURfeCT trophy. It's gotta be good and gaudy and extra steamy to honour their traditions.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn has the perfect hook right now to get these series. B1G counts them A major opponents plus they're so bad anyone will schedule them. Its all part of the plan!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I do think it's pretty interesting that Purdue is willing to play in CT but not in Memphis. We were all told that the football recruiting grounds around Memphis is undermined and very fertile. Not to mention, Memphis football is not the dumpster fire that UConn football is at the present moment. I can't imagine Purdue fans are quite as excited about this announcement as UConn fans.

Reaction Score
I do think it's pretty interesting that Purdue is willing to play in CT but not in Memphis. We were all told that the football recruiting grounds around Memphis is undermined and very fertile. Not to mention, Memphis football is not the dumpster fire that UConn football is at the present moment. I can't imagine Purdue fans are quite as excited about this announcement as UConn fans.
The liberty bowl is a dump. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I do think it's pretty interesting that Purdue is willing to play in CT but not in Memphis. We were all told that the football recruiting grounds around Memphis is undermined and very fertile.

Perhaps they're trying to tap into Michigan and PSU's success in recruiting kids from the Northeast to the B1G.

Reaction Score
Perhaps they're trying to tap into Michigan and PSU's success in recruiting kids from the Northeast to the B1G.

By Northeast do you mean New England? As a resident of Pennsylvania we consider PA, NY, and NJ to be Northeast. Penn State has been recruiting New England forever. Michigan's Recent Success is really tied to having Brown on staff.

Reaction Score
By Northeast do you mean New England? As a resident of Pennsylvania we consider PA, NY, and NJ to be Northeast. Penn State has been recruiting New England forever. Michigan's Recent Success is really tied to having Brown on staff.

I consider that Mid-Atlantic (and so do the Feds/Census Bureau):
  • Region 1: Northeast
    • Division 1: New England (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont)
    • Division 2: Mid-Atlantic (New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania)
I agree 100% on Don Brown!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

It is likely 100% a function of Brown, but I do think it's also opened up the rest of your conference's eyes to the level of talent in New England. The number of kids from up here that have been going beyond regional P5 programs has increased tremendously in recent years.

I said "Northeast" in addition to New England because this game may give Purdue an opportunity to strengthen its NYC recruiting. One of our current freshman CBs from Queens chose us over Purdue. If their current DC (former UConn DC Anthony Poindexter) sticks around instead of following Brohm to UL, they'll probably want to continue making inroads there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom