UConn vs Oregon Round 1 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Oregon Round 1

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bell, Dorsey, and Brooks all in NBA draft, right? So the matchup should be better, but it will be a road game.
Yes, along with Boucher. They have a 5 star wing coming in, Troy Brown, who could be a handful. Hopefully Vital can hold him in check.

Reaction Score
Ooooh, I love playing the villain! Rip their hearts out boys!!!

Reaction Score
Has the entire bracket been announced or only the first matchups?

Reaction Score
Love this. Brown and Pritchard are legit, but they're both young and will probably need time to gel. Good opportunity for UConn to get off on the right foot.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
A virtual road game which counts as a neutral site game in the eyes of selection committee come March.

Not a great match-up by any means.

Reaction Score
DBK9_ODXsAQZ_T5.jpg:large

Reaction Score
Depending if Tremont goes to Uconn or G-Town (long shot I know), he could be playing the other school in the 2nd game of his career. Possibly some bad blood...

Reaction Score
Even if UConn loses v. Oregon, they still get a good non-conference matchup vs. Georgetown/Mich St.

Gotta win at least one of those two games, because then you will likely play profile killer Portland in the 3rd round of losers. They were the worst team in the WCC last season.

Psyched for the evening game on Thursday! Way better option than watching the 3rd football game on Thanksgiving!

Reaction Score
Even if UConn loses v. Oregon, they still get a good non-conference matchup vs. Georgetown/Mich St.

Gotta win at least one of those two games, because then you will likely play profile killer Portland in the 3rd round of losers. They were the worst team in the WCC last season.

Psyched for the evening game on Thursday! Way better option than watching the 3rd football game on Thanksgiving!

Portland would have to win games in LB or we would need to lose our first 2 games for us to have to worry about playing them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well, since we were discussing it in the other thread, I'll post it again:

This is an absolute must win for UConn. Adams experience will mean everything here.

MSU
Turning pro
: Dillon Brooks, Jordan Bell, Tyler Dorsey
Returning: Nobody

With Brooks, Bell and Dorsey all leaving early and Chris Boucher and Dylan Ennis having graduated, Dana Altman’s top five scorers are off to new pastures, and the Ducks look set for a rebuilding year. Grad transfer Elijah Brown (New Mexico) will pair with Payton Pritchard in the backcourt, but there’s not a ton else to get excited about until Oregon can replenish the cupboard. The Ducks took a big hit with the trio of early departures, all of whom were justified in their choices, but leave gaping holes just the same. A Final Four repeat is far fetched for now.

Reaction Score
Payback time the boys will be pumped for this one...can't wait!

Reaction Score
Despite half of their team turning pro, I'm still going to be nervous about this game. Dana Altman is a much better coach than Ollie at this point.

Reaction Score
Despite half of their team turning pro, I'm still going to be nervous about this game. Dana Altman is a much better coach than Ollie at this point.
LOL. What a hot take. Altman is a much better coach based on what?? We know you arent basing it on championships

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
LOL. What a hot take. Altman is a much better coach based on what?? We know you arent basing it on championships
Have you watched any Oregon games to make this statement? I'm guessing you haven't - he's not wrong.

Reaction Score
Have you watched any Oregon games to make this statement? I'm guessing you haven't - he's not wrong.
I've watched many oregon games. "Much Better" is indeed wrong. Try better players. I'd like to see what altman would do without oregon being "Nike's school", nike damn nesr recruits for him. Or what he'd do with losing his 2nd and 3rd best player for the yr. When KO had similar talent he won a chip

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I've watched many oregon games. "Much Better" is indeed wrong. Try better players. I'd like to see what altman would do without oregon being "Nike's school", nike damn nesr recruits for him. Or what he'd do with losing his 2nd and 3rd best player for the yr. When KO had similar talent he won a chip
We had the best player in the country that year, Altman did not. KO has been the coach of some pretty stacked teams and we've fallen below expectations.

Altman's record since 2012 is 142-42 (0.772)

KO's record in that same time is 113-61 (.649)

Not to mention Oregon has been at the top or just near the top of the PAC12 in that stretch and has never missed the tournament, while having some pretty mediocre teams between 2012-2014. We haven't dominated or even came close to being at the top of the AAC under KO.

So yes lately I will say Altman is a better coach who has done more with worse or arguably similar talent. And after year he will have gotten more players into the NBA. Also you can argue Oregon recruits worse than us, from a ranking standpoint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom