UConn vs Ole Miss--Postgame [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

UConn vs Ole Miss--Postgame [Merged Thread]

Reaction Score
Katie Lou was cold in first half, got hot in 3rd quarter. Looks like she is still shaking off rust from not having an offseason.
Crystal Dangerfield managed the game pretty well overall.
Pheesa hampered by a weak 2nd foul call that put her on the bench for half the first half. Ended with 18, 10 & 4 still in limited mins. Shooting outside a little to much but looks to be our best all-around player.
CW played well offensively, defense was sub par. Disappointed in a play where she stole it, Lou was 5 feet ahead of her and she chose to keep it herself for the layup. Needs to understand her role and know you don't look off a 2-time AA that is your senior.
MW rebounded well. Shoots too much for my liking. Doesn't ever look to make the extra pass. Defense was also sub par and thats me being generous.
Liv played well when she came in off the bench. Had an and one one high low. Hit an outside jumper too, looked comfortable.
Camara needs to play more...best passer outside our big 3 by far. I tend to want players in there more that know who to get the ball too. I'm worried this may expose us against good teams.

Reaction Score
Only saw the second half, but what struck me as the most interesting was that Boston was sitting directly behind the UConn bench- just behind the coaches. It made me think- Geno is a really incredible coach and has built a really amazing program, and regardless of if a recruit chooses him, and the UConn family, he builds relationships and as Boston said in the article yesterday is really generous and hopeful that they all succeed. If Geno can move on and have Boston behind his bench just a few days after telling him she wasn’t coming, then we all as fans need to buck up, stay positive, and move on. In Geno we trust!

Reaction Score
wow.........Boston still took the seats.............bravo to Geno............certainly shows future recruits that he's not the type to hold grudges or take things personally..............if there's any good karma from all this I hope it shines on UConn and Ms Jones

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess I should delete the post game thread that I had already posted...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Only saw the second half, but what struck me as the most interesting was that Boston was sitting directly behind the UConn bench- just behind the coaches. It made me think- Geno is a really incredible coach and has built a really amazing program, and regardless of if a recruit chooses him, and the UConn family, he builds relationships and as Boston said in the article yesterday is really generous and hopeful that they all succeed. If Geno can move on and have Boston behind his bench just a few days after telling him she wasn’t coming, then we all as fans need to buck up, stay positive, and move on. In Geno we trust!
You sound like a preacher.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1542941723015.png

"Coming out of halftime, Walker found her time to shine. After a miss by Dangerfield, Walker ran down the court and hit a corner 3-pointer to get the Huskies’ second half started right. That would be UConn’s seventh 3-pointer of the night, quickly followed by the eighth from Williams. The game, especially the third quarter, was a night for threes. Williams and freshman Olivia Nelson-Ododa both made their first 3-pointers of their college careers. The onslaught of shots from behind the arc pushed the Huskies’ lead to 69-27. "

UConn women beat Ole Miss 90-50 in opening game of Paradise Jam

Reaction Score

He did not give her the tickets, what is he going to do? Tell her she can't sit in a seat she paid for?

Reaction Score
I swear I have to sync my phone calendar with the teams. Geez...missed another game! Not a good feeling.

Reaction Score
So annoyed with this FloSports app. Paid for monthly subscription and they billed me twice. Plus I went to watch game replay (had family over and couldn’t watch all of game) I found every other game was posted to watch except the UConn vs Ole Miss... so I paid 60 bucks plus tax for aggravation

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The game was pretty clean in terms of few fouls and turnovers. We got little in transition and still got to 90. Most things were good, not much was great. Rebounding was pretty good, shooting was pretty good. When shooting percentages are 51% to 30%, that's a good sign. Phee had another double-double, and Meg was one rebound short. Geno was happy, so I am too.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The game was pretty clean in terms of few fouls and turnovers. We got little in transition and still got to 90. Most things were good, not much was great. Rebounding was pretty good, shooting was pretty good. When shooting percentages are 51% to 30%, that's a good sign. Phee had another double-double, and Meg was one rebound short. Geno was happy, so I am too.
did Geno take her out of the game? Shea isn't keep count of rebounds any more?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
did Geno take her out of the game? Shea isn't keep count of rebounds any more?
Meg came out when the bench came in during the 4th quarter. She also sat some in the 3rd, I believe. She was beaten a few times on defense, so maybe Geno wanted to talk to her about that. Overall, I thought Meg played well.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Has anyone been able to get the replay by going to the UConn website? On all my devices, this game is not available but is available if I select the game from the replay thread.

Reaction Score
Meg came out when the bench came in during the 4th quarter. She also sat some in the 3rd, I believe. She was beaten a few times on defense, so maybe Geno wanted to talk to her about that. Overall, I thought Meg played well.
Meg had 9 in the 3rd quarter and played a lot of the 4th so she was given a chance to get #10. Milford is right, she played well but defense left alot to be desired. Good news is, chance to learn and adjust tonight!

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Has anyone been able to get the replay by going to the UConn website? On all my devices, this game is not available but is available if I select the game from the replay thread.

Trying to guess at your question a bit. I'll answer the question I'm guessing you are asking.

The availabilty of the game on TCF's UConn Husky Game site has nothing to do with the UConn website. TCF's Site (linked at the top of the boneyard page) is an independent operation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meg had 9 in the 3rd quarter and played a lot of the 4th so she was given a chance to get #10. Milford is right, she played well but defense left alot to be desired. Good news is, chance to learn and adjust tonight!
I looked at Meg’s defense after reading your earlier post. She didn’t miss by much, but she did miss. She was out of position by only 2’ or so, but it was just enough to let Ole Miss score about 4 times. Other than those baskets, I thought her defense was pretty good. As you note, she’ll learn and improve.

Reaction Score
CW is the real deal and MW is a future star. I do wonder why Camara isn't in the rotation instead of Irwin. I don't see much improvement in her or Bent. They must impress in practice.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Trying to guess at your question a bit. I'll answer the question I'm guessing you are asking.

The availabilty of the game on TCF's UConn Husky Game site has nothing to do with the UConn website. TCF's Site (linked at the top of the boneyard page) is an independent operation.
Ok, thanks. TCF was answering questions that are posted on the Husky games site so I assumed that they were connected.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
CW is the real deal and MW is a future star. I do wonder why Camara isn't in the rotation instead of Irwin. I don't see much improvement in her or Bent. They must impress in practice.
and Camara doesn't!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom