UConn vs Oklahoma Replay | The Boneyard

UConn vs Oklahoma Replay

Reaction Score
Copyright Claim, I Would guess from a song playing in postgame

Reaction Score
This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

What country should we be in???

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe it did not happen. Where is the proof?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I wonder if the copyright issue will prevent the game being uploaded to the uconnhuskygames site?

Reaction Score
So far, it did. I don't like opportunistic CBSSPORTS, hijacking our games.
I agree. Somehow they end up with the games that have the most personal significance to the fans. I don't know if it's just dumb luck that this happens or strategic planning on their part. We all remember what happened when CBS got the game that was Stef and Bria's senior day.

Reaction Score
So far, it did. I don't like opportunistic CBSSPORTS, hijacking our games.
It has been uploaded but whomever UMG is still has the play blocked. I am hopeful the techies will have a way to strip the post game or otherwise be able to get us non smarties the replay of the game itself. Then I want to know who UMG is so I can make sure to never spend a dime on any of their products or services. Blocking a game replay is asinine.

Reaction Score
There are ways of unblocking UMG copyrights but I am not that savvy. :(

Use a VPN proxy of another country will work. Canada is also blocked by the way. I used a Japan proxy.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
It has been uploaded but whomever UMG is still has the play blocked. I am hopeful the techies will have a way to strip the post game or otherwise be able to get us non smarties the replay of the game itself. Then I want to know who UMG is so I can make sure to never spend a dime on any of their products or services. Blocking a game replay is asinine.

UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP

Reaction Score
Blocked in 8 countries (American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands) because of the Bob Seger song during the ceremony. So if you use a VPN, try a country not on that list. @MJL243 can you edit the original and remove that portion of the ceremony? The YouTube timestamp is 1:27:17 - 1:28:50.

Reaction Score
Blocked in 8 countries (American Samoa, Canada, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands) because of the Bob Seger song during the ceremony. So if you use a VPN, try a country not on that list. @MJL243 can you edit the original and remove that portion of the ceremony? The YouTube timestamp is 1:27:17 - 1:28:50.
Makes me wonder is UMG going after UConn for usin Seger song during the ceremony or did UConn get permission to use it? If they did then UMG should not have the right to block it.

Reaction Score
Like i care about umg’s music. Cut it out... they just lost money from every Uconn fan anywhere. Duh.

Reaction Score
Use a VPN proxy of another country will work. Canada is also blocked by the way. I used a Japan proxy.
Downloaded a couple VPN apps and changed my location to several different places including Japan but nothing worked. Is this only good for computers, I was using my tablet.

Reaction Score
MJL243 just sent a re-edit on replay.
That's great news!!

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder is UMG going after UConn for usin Seger song during the ceremony or did UConn get permission to use it? If they did then UMG should not have the right to block it.
the block happens automatically, when videos are uploaded they are compared against a database of music and videos and flagged if they have matching content. the venue likely had permission to play the music, but that doesn't mean a recording has the permission when uploaded. unfortunately the system is quite biased in favor of copyright holders, as videos can be flagged even if they have a proper license or are fair use. and it is then on the uploader to try to get which ever entity made the claim to remove it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom