Uconn Vs ND last season and Kelly Ferris | The Boneyard

Uconn Vs ND last season and Kelly Ferris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but wasn't Kelly's primary defensive assignment in the first few games Kayla McBride? And it appeared that switched to Skylar Diggings in national semi-finals. If that is the case, I would suggest along with UConn's improved play, that is an excellent reason why this game was different from the first three.

Reaction Score
yes, of course, and Bria played great, as did Morgan and Moriah, hence UConn's improved play. It seems to me when Kelly guarded McBride she wasn't effective, but extremely effective when guarding Diggins. I am just wondering if that is my perception, or that actually happened.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but wasn't Kelly's primary defensive assignment in the first few games Kayla McBride? And it appeared that switched to Skylar Diggings in national semi-finals. If that is the case, I would suggest along with UConn's improved play, that is an excellent reason why this game was different from the first three.

She is certainly a big wheel, but no Ferris

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
FARIS!!!!!

Is that your perception, or did that actually happen.

Back to the OP - Kelly's play on Diggins was key, but Stewie was the "It Girl."

Reaction Score
(wire chief, methinks sarals24 didn't get your homophonic witticism).

The whole team was great on defense, particularly at tourney time. Switching and defensive help was so fluid that the opposition was crying for their mommies by halftime. Kelly led the pack, but I believe every person on the team learned a great deal from Kelly's example. In that way, Kelly was so much more valuable to the team than her spectacular personal performance.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Faris was very effective against McBride. One has to watch the games to see and understand when and where and against whom many of McBride's baskets came, including breakouts off steals and TOs, swaps, and other things.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
(wire chief, methinks sarals24 didn't get your homophonic witticism).
Why does everything have to be about sexual orientation?

;) (just to ensure no sarals)

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Faris was very effective against McBride. One has to watch the games to see and understand when and where and against whom many of McBride's baskets came, including breakouts off steals and TOs, swaps, and other things.
Agreed. McBride hit some very good shots and I think she may have the best mid-range game of anyone in WCBB. Her percentages we not great - from the field in the first three games she was 10/21, 11/28 and 11/25. For 3 she was 1/3, 1/4, and 1/5. In the second game she was 3/4 from the line-the 3OT game, in the other two games she had NO free-throw attempts.

As a team, UConn could not get the bucket it needed, the stop it needed or make a free throw needed to close out the game and therefore, we were 0-3 early on. But I said all along, I didn't care about the first three as long as UConn reversed the 2011 favor and beat them in the last one, which thankfully, they did.

HGN

Reaction Score
yes, of course, and Bria played great, as did Morgan and Moriah, hence UConn's improved play. It seems to me when Kelly guarded McBride she wasn't effective, but extremely effective when guarding Diggins. I am just wondering if that is my perception, or that actually happened.
You are right Patrick, it is just your perception. Kelly was effective guarding McBride or Diggins. As evident by ND small margins of victory and our sloppy play. But when it really counted , with the whole nation tuned in , Kelly Faris clamped down on Diggins and UConn won its record-tying 8th National Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom