UConn vs. Mizzou game thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Mizzou game thread

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Pindell should never get another snap.

He’s actually worse at QB than Donovan Williams.

Based on what we've heard about Washington and Krajewski, I think that's a certainty...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
At least one UConn guy is having a good night. Springer just put 'Stros up 1-0 on a bomb.

Reaction Score
George Springer homer to give the Astros the lead in the bottom of the 6th in a pitching duel makes up for this game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The one thing I liked about this game is that my eyes didn’t hurt having to look at red pants.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
A few minutes into this game, there was so much promise. The safety, and the crowd getting into it. The Missouri faithful filling out the visitor's section made the game feel important.

The speed at which this game was snuffed out tonight was incredible. Just incredible. I feel physically ill tonight...

Reaction Score
RE said he saw the deer in the headlights look and you can't play like that.

Reaction Score
So now UConn has to beat Cinc, a possibility, and two of BC, USF and UCF to make into a bowl game. They could do it.

Reaction Score
On the bright side, this game will look great on our application to the SEC. All the conference teams struggling to get to 6 wins should clearly vote yes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Missouri full-back just ran over the UConn defender--the defender falls flat on his back while the Missouri full-back runs on...was called back for a penalty but that was embarrassing.
Ehh, embarrassing would have been if he got out of the way.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A few minutes into this game, there was so much promise. The safety, and the crowd getting into it. The Missouri faithful filling out the visitor's section made the game feel important.

Tarbutt killed us early. Did anyone hear the sound of that pathetic FG attempt? That was a choke. So bad, in fact, HCRE didn't trust him next time and went for it. Two empty drives.

Reaction Score
Another ugly one. Defense couldn't stop anyone. WAY TOOO MANY misses on offense.

Reaction Score
So now UConn has to beat Cinc, a possibility, and two of BC, USF and UCF to make into a bowl game. They could do it.

Not happening just get through the season.

Reaction Score

The speed at which this game was snuffed out tonight was incredible. Just incredible. I feel physically ill tonight...

Mizzou's first TD drive was a bad sign - should have tipped us off that UConn was in for a long night (and if that didn't, the second one definitely did.) The D had no clue how to even slow them down.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm not blaming the AAC. I'm saying our fans aren't interested in the AAC. They don't give a damn about it and young people aren't learning to be rabid UConn fans because they aren't seeing the excitement that we saw growing up watching the Big East.
The Big East years occurred when we had talent. We had a fun team to watch.

The AAC years have been when we fielded a relatively slow, small, and less athletic team.

The problem is mostly us, not our conference. But if the conference is a problem at all (even a little bit), then shame on the fans. The AAC is a decent conference. If it's underappreciated in Connecticut, that's pathetic.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Two positives from the Mizzou game.

1) In the first half, we had three long drives that only netted three points. If we had scored TD's we would have been in the game (or at least had a respectable score). We were moving the ball.

2) I don't know how many freshmen played, but it was a lot. It seemed like we had BS and 21 freshmen out there. Maybe this will payoff in 3 years.

Sorry. That's all I got.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom