UConn vs. Mississippi St. [GAME THREAD] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Mississippi St. [GAME THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone ripping her former coach, Vic Schaefer (former A&M asst. coach, current Miss State coach), a new one on twitter..

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, BigBird was right; it was NOT a 30-point rout. ;)

Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone ripping her former coach, Vic Schaefer (former A&M asst. coach, current Miss State coach), a new one on twitter..

No reason to rip Vic Schaefer. What team would have beaten UConn today. None. The Bulldogs had a great season. Kelsey Bone needs to keep her mouth closed. It's easy to criticize from the cheap seats.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
No reason to rip Vic Schaefer. What team would have beaten UConn today. None. The Bulldogs had a great season. Kelsey Bone needs to keep her mouth closed. It's easy to criticize from the cheap seats.

She's not really ripping the team about the game. She's actually celebrating the demolition. In case you've forgotten, Kelsey and Vic have history from her days at A&M. She's not exactly a fan of his. So she's really celebrating him losing... by this margin... on the national stage. She's loving it.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
According to Dave O'Brien just now (during the UCLA-Texas game), Vic Schaefer said it felt like Mississippi State was playing against a WNBA team today.

Reaction Score
Did anyone notice that the player Paulido was guarding late in the game took a shot from the elbow and did not catch iron. Did our #2 get credit for a block? (Tipped ball)

Reaction Score
WOW! MSU was no more competitive than Robert Morris, and not nearly as good as Duquesne, who at least made it a game for a quarter and a half. With ND, and SC gone, can anyone other than Baylor stay within 20 points at halftime?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'll be brief......................game, set, match. Any questions? ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Lol.. why are you lying?

Two thoughts on the SEC Conference.
1. UConn petitioned for admittance into their conference. They laughed and said ..............no.
2. ALL of the other teams in the SEC won't admit it, but they're glad UConn is not in their conference. All you have to do is look at how UConn has handled the top SEC teams recently.

I'll take it one step further, the same can be said about ALL of the P-5 conferences. NONE of them want the UConn women in their ranks. That would be mean possibly 2 guaranteed losses each year.
Before you get huffy,and want to rebuke the last sentence, I said Possibly, not guaranteed. Although guaranteed would be closer to the truth.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm 3,000 miles away, but I can tell you what everyone on Mississippi State's bench (including the coach) was thinking after the first 6 minutes in the 1st quarter when they were down 20 points............OH SI _ _! :eek:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
1. UConn petitioned for admittance into their conference. They laughed and said ....no.
2. ALL of the other teams in the SEC won't admit it, but they're glad UConn is not in their conference. All you have to do is look at how UConn has handled the top SEC teams recently.

I'll take it one step further, the same can be said about ALL of the P-5 conferences. NONE of them want the UConn women in their ranks. That would be mean possibly 2 guaranteed losses each year.
Before you get huffy,and want to rebuke the last sentence, I said Possibly, not guaranteed. Although guaranteed would be closer to the truth.

Haha why do you think I'm going to get "huffy" hahaha is that my reputation here?

Lol, seriously though... here's my rebuttal.

1. I don't believe you. Not calling you a liar... I just don't believe you. Why would UCONN want to be in the SEC? Geographically, culturally, financially... it makes no sense. From a student athlete POV, it makes no sense... Warm weather sports vs. cold weather sports.. We like football, baseball, softball, gymnastics and soccer.. We even have equestrian in the SEC... Most of you northern schools play lacrosse, field hockey, hockey and such. There are plenty more reasons why I don't believe you.. but you get my point. Hard for me to see a match between UCONN and the SEC and I can almost guarantee neither side ever approached the other about a marriage.

2. Maybe you're right but how can this be proven? Has every SEC school coach, president/AD come out and say "UCONN is perpetually banned from joining our conference, we sure are glad they're not in our conference". Some of our leagues coaches, Dawn, Nikki and Holly specifically, actually seek out high level competition from D1 schools like UCONN..

If your point of all of this is to point out how UCONN would go undefeated in any P5, maybe you're right.. who am I to say they won't.. They just beat a pretty decent Mississippi State squad by 60 in the most dominating fashion I've seen in a LONG time... you'll get no rebuttal from me there.

Reaction Score
She's not really ripping the team about the game. She's actually celebrating the demolition. In case you've forgotten, Kelsey and Vic have history from her days at A&M. She's not exactly a fan of his. So she's really celebrating him losing... by this margin... on the national stage. She's loving it.
Whatever that history was (????), she's REALLY happy about this!

"This Schaffer slander warms my heart! KARMA IS REAL"

"I hope UCONN wins by 100!"

"Sucks that the kids have to deal in his Karma..."

"But to be dismantled on this stage in front of the entire country! MAGNIFICENT"

So.... How do you really feel about coach Schaefer??

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Why would UCONN want to be in the SEC? Geographically, culturally, financially... it makes no sense.
Just regarding this point, I have no doubt that UConn would accept an SEC invitation in a heartbeat if one were offered, for financial reasons, even though it would make absolutely no sense in any other way. But yes, I would be shocked if any remotely serious discussions between the two sides ever took place. And I do essentially agree with the rest of your post, although we are sometimes pretty darn good at some of those "warm weather sports" (three national championships in men's soccer!!! :D) too.

Reaction Score
1. UConn petitioned for admittance into their conference. They laughed and said ....no.

C'mon. when it comes to conference membership, Women's basketball means nothing.

It's all about FOOTBALL . . . FOOTBALL . . . FOOTBALL.

And compared to SEC football, UConn football is nowhere.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I am worried about this one. MSU is quick, intense, and physical. Their defense pressures the player with the ball constantly.

I don't think they can score with the Huskies, so my pick is our kids over their kids. But don't expect a 30 point rout.

It would seem, from a dispassionate review of available data, that my original concerns were severely over-developed. So, never mind. :)

Reaction Score

The fact is that women's basketball will have zero influence on what conference UConn finds itself.

Carnac

Reaction Score
C'mon. when it comes to conference membership, Women's basketball means nothing.

It's all about FOOTBALL . . . FOOTBALL . . . FOOTBALL.

And compared to SEC football, UConn football is nowhere.

ed4ourgirls - You are 100% correct. I completely understand the dynamics involved in getting into, or being in a P-5 conference. I was just talking about the women's basketball team. I know its a total package, and right now our football team is not close to where it needs to be, to even think about being invited or accepted into one of the major conferences.

If UConn really want to gain admission into one of the elite conferences, they'll have to retool, and revamp their entire football program (and stadium) from top to bottom. They'll also have to increase their attendance at home games. What I said about the basketball team remains true. They're glad the UConn women are NOT in their conference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32