UConn vs. Memphis @ J.O.C. (Fri. 4/1/19 @ 3p, Sat 4/13 @ 1p & Sun. 4/14 @ *11:00am*) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Memphis @ J.O.C. (Fri. 4/1/19 @ 3p, Sat 4/13 @ 1p & Sun. 4/14 @ *11:00am*)

Reaction Score
This guy talking about MLB games is pissing me off. Follow the game you're announcing.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Well, sounds like we are off to a brutal start. Gotta push back and fast.

Reaction Score
This guy talking about MLB games is pissing me off. Follow the game you're announcing.

This is not the first time Crispino has done this. He was also talking about the Masters golf tourney yesterday. He should talk about college baseball, but I doubt he knows anything about it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

He did a pretty good job staying focused yesterday. The issue with him is that he seems to get bored when the score isn't close. Hopefully it'll be sonething he works on.

The bottom of the order continues to kill us.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Defense letting Kirsten down. Horrible play by Fedko allowed 2 extra runs. Toppa took a bad route to the double in the 2nd leading to another run. Memphis swinging at first pitch often. We need a crooked number soon (sac fly puts Memphis up 5-0

Reaction Score
He did a pretty good job staying focused yesterday. The issue with him is that he seems to get bored when the score isn't close. Hopefully it'll be sonething he works on.

The bottom of the order continues to kill us.

He's ok as a baseball play by play guy, but he lacks knowledge of UConn baseball and college baseball in general. The talk of pro sports that he does (he was talking about Magic Johnson and the Lakers during an earlier game), I just don't care for it while listening to a college game. I much prefer Chris Jones, there is no question about it.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
He's ok as a baseball play by play guy, but he lacks knowledge of UConn baseball and college baseball in general. The talk of pro sports that he does (he was talking about Magic Johnson and the Lakers during an earlier game), I just don't care for it while listening to a college game. I much prefer Chris Jones, there is no question about it.

I would like to hear more of Jones as a color commentator in these broadcasts for sure! I also agree Crispino is a clear downgrade in terms of calling the games from Jones. As someone who follows another baseball team (Rice), I promise you can do much worse than Crispino though.

Reaction Score
I would like to hear more of Jones as a color commentator in these broadcasts for sure! I also agree Crispino is a clear downgrade in terms of calling the games from Jones. As someone who follows another baseball team (Rice), I promise you can do much worse than Crispino though.

Oh, I know you can do worse. Hey, I'm a Yankee fan, and I think John Sterling is an absolute abomination as a baseball announcer. And he's been at it with the Yankees for about 30 years.

Reaction Score
Top 4th, Kersten strands a runner on base for a scoreless inning. 5-0 Memphis. 59 pitches for Kersten.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We have to put up a crooked number within the next two innings. I doubt we hold Memphis to 5 runs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom