UConn vs. Maine 1/12/17 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Maine 1/12/17

Reaction Score
This is my first game since graduating in '08 and I'm psyched to get front-row seats for today's game!

As a Rangers fan, I'm hoping Huska is in net and I'm also looking forward to seeing Thompson and Letunov live. Nyberg is an exciting bonus too!

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the game tonight..hoping to get down that way early enough to stop at Colony in Fairfield for dinner before the game

Reaction Score
2-1, UConn. End of first. Decent crowd.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2-1, UConn. End of first. Decent crowd.

Fair amount of Maine fans here. I'll be honest, not happy with the turn out by UConn. No snow, no ice. Less than sound tiger games. I doubt they promoted it down here as much as they should.

Even with the huska / NY ranger connection, I see way more Wolfpack fans in Hartford for UConn games than what I see tonight. AD David Benedict needs to to promote all UConn sports down more than the current campaign.

Reaction Score
WHUS announcers estimating the Bridgeport crowd at 2 to 3 thousand.

Reaction Score
4-3, end of the second. 4th UConn goal scored on a PP with 18 seconds left in the second. Maine tied it around the 14 minute mark.

We have some nasty talent. They are playing up to par in this game.

Reaction Score
UConn Men's Hockey ‏@UConnMHOC 3m 3 minutes ago
UCONN GOAL!!! Ojantakanen (23) from Morgan (28) and Newpower (20) at 14:19. UConn leads 5 - 3. #IceBus

Reaction Score
nice solid win. balanced scoring effort. keep this train going to Fenway

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Is there a hockey bracketology website out there? We may be going to the tourney if we pick it up a bit.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Is there a hockey bracketology website out there? We may be going to the tourney if we pick it up a bit.
Found it:Rankings

We're 25th. 16 make the tourney. We still have some work to do.

Reaction Score
The Bridgeport experiment is beginning to work out, it seems. I don't see this arrangement ending.

Attendance: 2,173.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Found it:Rankings

We're 25th. 16 make the tourney. We still have some work to do.
Realistically, you have to be in the top 14 since the AHA and WCHA both get autobids and they currently don't have anyone in the top 16. An at-large bid for UConn is a longshot right now. Moving up from ~25 to ~18-20 is a lot easier than moving from 18-20 to 12-14.

Reaction Score
Great seeing Thompson live. Great stick-handling, agile skater, great shot. Nyberg was some pickup for UConn: super smooth on the right side. Slick passes and lots of composure.

Reaction Score
Fair amount of Maine fans here. I'll be honest, not happy with the turn out by UConn. No snow, no ice. Less than sound tiger games. I doubt they promoted it down here as much as they should.

Even with the huska / NY ranger connection, I see way more Wolfpack fans in Hartford for UConn games than what I see tonight. AD David Benedict needs to to promote all UConn sports down more than the current campaign.
The crowd was too quiet early on. But that didn't stop me from yelling. The crowd got louder as the game went on. It was a pro-UConn crowd. Nothing wrong with fans of the opposing team showing up. That's always a good thing, as long as they don't dominate a sellout. There were a lot of PC fans at Ingalls (Yale) on Tuesday.

Might be safe to schedule more games a season in Bridgeport, I'd say. Bridgeport is not one of the most dangerous cities in the country anymore. It's really been cleaned up. Police did very well in cleaning it up. Very impressive, never thought I'd see this happen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was a pro-UConn crowd. Nothing wrong with fans of the opposing team showing up. That's always a good thing, as long as they don't dominate a sellout.
I was sitting next to Maine fans. The guy was a jerk. In the 3rd, he was trash-talking to Letunov and a few minutes later when Ojantakanen scored, the whole area near him who heard him cheered so loud. He left after that goal. Sucker. :)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The arena is really great. Wish UConn could build something like that. Very bright, great scoreboard.

Reaction Score
The arena is really great. Wish UConn could build something like that. Very bright, great scoreboard.
Agree...an arena like that with a capacity of 4500-5000 would be awesome.

Reaction Score
It was a good game last night...I like the way they battled. I payed attention to Brian Morgan and thought he skated hard against his former team. He has been a really nice pick-up. Think that they miss El-Mir and they are still lacking a bit of bottom level depth. They clanged a bunch of posts last night as well..score could have been worse for Maine. My wife and I were talking as we walked out of the arena after the game last night that it is going to take a bit of time to build a following...Cav just needs to keep winning and it will come. I do have to say that the 25 minute drive home to Port Chester sure beats the 1:45-2:00 drive home form the XL Center we usually have.

Reaction Score
We are currently tied for fifth place....One point out of 3rd; 3 points out of 2nd.

Gotta beat Maine on Saturday and keep rolling.

Reaction Score
The crowd was too quiet early on. But that didn't stop me from yelling. The crowd got louder as the game went on. It was a pro-UConn crowd. Nothing wrong with fans of the opposing team showing up. That's always a good thing, as long as they don't dominate a sellout. There were a lot of PC fans at Ingalls (Yale) on Tuesday.

Might be safe to schedule more games a season in Bridgeport, I'd say. Bridgeport is not one of the most dangerous cities in the country anymore. It's really been cleaned up. Police did very well in cleaning it up. Very impressive, never thought I'd see this happen.

I grew up In the area and comments such as these make me chuckle. The arena area is ok, but don't cross north of Washington Avenue into the Hollow section. I went back to check in on the old neighborhood last year and was blocked by police tape. Too many guns on the street, unfortunately. Makes me sad.

EDIT: Almosr forgot. Nice win by the Huskies and I'd like to see more games in Bridgeport. Need to get more of the local hockey kids engaged.

Reaction Score
We are currently tied for fifth place....One point out of 3rd; 3 points out of 2nd.

Gotta beat Maine on Saturday and keep rolling.
Agree...they need to take 4 points from Maine, PC, UVM and UNH.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom