UConn vs. KY - Game Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. KY - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I would love to see Faris on it, but I don't think any of them will care. They want a national championship.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Before the game didn't think team would blow out Kentucky. Thought they would win an 8 - 12 point game. I'm constantly amazed how often Geno's team blow out highly talented teams. They did it will Stef only scoring two points and KML sitting for approx minutes in the 1st half. An Amazing Performance by the TEAM

Reaction Score
Before the game didn't think team would blow out Kentucky. Thought they would win an 8 - 12 point game. I'm constantly amazed how often Geno's team blow out highly talented teams. They did it will Stef only scoring two points and KML sitting for approx minutes in the 1st half. An Amazing Performance by the TEAM

Don't underestimate how Moriah Jefferson creates opportunities for her team...and makes the press a liability...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Really nice win! Hope they get this guard play the next game!

Reaction Score
As nauseating as all the talk about ND was, Doris said something intelligent with a few minutes to go. She said basically that UConn was poised to beat ND in each of the games but couldn't finish them off. But then she added, that was without Hartley playing the way she is now, without Moriah playing the way she's playing now, and without Breanna playing the way she's playing now. In other words, if UConn plays ND the way it played Maryland and Kentucky, it will be a long night for the Irish.

Frankly the way UConn played tonight Baylor would have had all they could handle.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
This group is now really a TEAM.
BINGO!
This is the "team" we were so disappointed not to see much earlier in the year. That delay between expectation and realization, between potential and on-the-floor performance led to much analysis and blame-gaming. In the end, we just needed some patience, had to wait for them to grow into the college game. The last few games, UConn is a different team, and the essential difference has been made by the arrival of the three freshman. No need to go through the catalog of what they now add; well, just one thing. MoJeff's emergence has meant that Geno has been able to spot Bria H in games, and tonight was, IMO, her best all-around performance of the season. She was much more in control-- on both ends of the floor-- and made better choices. She can hand off the ball to Mo and take some of the load off her own shoulders.
I am looking forward to another showdown with Notre Dame. We are a better "team" now, readier and steadier, with more weapons, more integrated pieces. In fact, I hope that ND wins tomorrow night; I want to see how *this* UConn team takes them on.

Reaction Score
BINGO!
I am looking forward to another showdown with Notre Dame. We are a better "team" now, readier and steadier, with more weapons, more integrated pieces. In fact, I hope that ND wins tomorrow night; I want to see how *this* UConn team takes them on.
I'm with you Papa. I'd be very disappointed not to have a chance to beat ND the way we're playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom