UConn vs. KY - Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. KY - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hit the SAP "Plain language" button during Stewarts interview, and she actually said " What are they? Stupid? Trying to pressure us? You want pressure? HERE"S PRESSURE!! "

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
48-26 at the half. I feel much better about this game than I did last year's!

What's impressive is everyone who's stepping up. Stef is hobbled, KML has two fouls, MoJeff was out while they were tending to her knee--and subs come in and pick up where the others left off.
Our Frosh have been the steadying force...just amazing! Morgan the rock...Breanna the stud and Mo ain't seen a press she can't bust!

Reaction Score
Moriah and Bria can easily be the first team AA backcourt next year...and I do mean starting today!

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Just got in from a baseball game....what did I miss?

Reaction Score
down 22 and all D Burke can utter is Kentucky Kentucky Kentucky
They're the story. Everyone in the USA except us is sick of hearing UConn. She wants to keep viewers from turning to America's Got Talent or whatever.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Do they normally interview college players at half-time? Seeing Stewart being interviewed struck me as odd.
Only during the regionals and final four. Espn started doing it in 2011.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
So is Mitchell telling them to shake it off in the locker room..."UConn's a really good team and so are we"?

Reaction Score
48-26 UConn at halftime. Bre with 13 at the half.
What's totally nuts is they closed with a 25-3 run and the three points were on a ridiculous banked 3 point shot that wasn't meant to be one. They started taking care of the ball and lost a lot of their sloppiness. That plus their defense really stepped up and got back so as not to give Kentucky any chippees. They absolutely suck in half court offense because they are great athletes with little or no basketball skills.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I really don't care about what the announcers say. UConn is winning by 20 (again) and they have to find something to talk about. I'll take a national championship any day over the respect of Doris Burke.

Reaction Score
We can not let up at all. Keep our defense up...and bring it!! 20 more minutes. Let's go, Huskies. Now that is halftime, time to let the dawgs out.
It's really nice to see Bria Hartley playing well. She's keeping herself in control, playing good defense and taking the ball to the rim when the opportunity is there. Smart basketball.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
They absolutely suck in half court offense because they are great athletes with little or no basketball skills.

Sorry but that's just too much hyperbole for me. Not a fair assessment at all.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It's really nice to see Bria Hartley playing well. She's keeping herself in control, playing good defense and taking the ball to the rim when the opportunity is there. Smart basketball.

The BEST thing I've seen her do all year was miss that 3 then get aggressive and take it inside for a layup. That's what she needs to do to be back to her old self!

Reaction Score
The best half of Uconn basketball since both Maya and Tina were on campus.
I would agree that the last ten minutes was the best ten minutes UConn has played since Maya and Tina. The first ten minutes left a lot to be desired with sloppy offense and turnovers and not getting back on defense, allowing some serious bunnies for Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom