UConn vs. Houston, Badass Award goes to. . . | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Houston, Badass Award goes to. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . Geno!

He and his staff (Chris, Shea, and Marisa) said or did something remarkably effective that transformed the lethargic and inept UConn of Quarter #! (losing by a point:() into the fiercely defending and deadly shooting team of Huskies that dominated Houston the rest of the evening.

Evidence of coaching effectiveness: In the first 10 minutes of play our guys surrendered 15 points and scored only 14; in the remaining 30 minutes the Huskies outscored the Cougars, 62-22:):). Sheep were magically transformed into Badasses. By whom? Gotta give credit where it is due -- to Geno (and his estimable colleagues.

Thus the Badass Award for the Houston game is awarded to. . . [drum roll]. . . Geno!

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It was actually the first 7:10 of the game where they surrendered 15 points and only scored 8 points - in the final 32:50 of the game they outscored Houston 68 -22!

Interestingly, except for that last 3 minutes of the first quarter when the scored 6 points on 3-5 shooting, and the last 2:10 of second quarter where they scored 8 points on 3-4 shooting their offensive production was miserable the whole first half. They started the second quarter shooting 4-12 and 0-4 on threes. (They also missed their first four shoots of the second half, though Stewart was fouled on a fifth shot and made two free throws. Thereafter they shot 67% and 57% from three for the remaining 18 minutes.)

Reaction Score
I'm inclined to give the bad ass award to that Gilbert kid for Houston. I was pretty impressed by her, she was fearless in the post. But we got a good chance to see the value Natalie Butler adds, cuz I think she did a good job defending Gilbert (I'm sure someone will pull up the stats to see if that impression is correct or not).

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
What did Geno say?

"Hello, we are arrived on the Planet Houston, you can take off your seat belts now"

Reaction Score
Shockingly, the UConn womens' basketball team failed to make the trip to Houston. Instead a group of impersonators wearing Husky uniforms showed up. Luckily, the real Lady Cougars were in the house, reached their ration of minus-40 points/game, and allowed the poseurs to win. It's hoped the authentic number one team in the country gets to USF for tomorrow's game because the Bulls are very real.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Shockingly, the UConn womens' basketball team failed to make the trip to Houston. Instead a group of impersonators wearing Husky uniforms showed up. Luckily, the real Lady Cougars were in the house, reached their ration of minus-40 points/game, and allowed the poseurs to win. It's hoped the authentic number one team in the country gets to USF for tomorrow's game because the Bulls are very real.

Worse yet was the stowaway on the team plane who snitched Kia Nurse's jersey, then took her seat on the bus to the arena. She even suited up for the entire first half and this imposter, wearing a national flag blue jersey with #11 on it, shot airballs and bricks at one end while playing matador defense at the other.

Fortunately the Canadian Nurse reclaimed her UConn shirt and place on the court in time to play a dazzling second half. :)

Reaction Score
Like others, I'd have to give the award to Gabby this time around. In fact, last night's game, in which the team was largely without its three stalwarts (Morgan out, Mo at less than full speed, Stewie pretty cold and struggling on defense), Gabby demonstrated exactly why the spark she injects into the lineup is so vital. She can be pretty raw at times, but the energy she contributes is devoutly to be wished for at any time, and especially on those rare occasions, like this one, when her teammates seem to be mostly sleepwalking.

Reaction Score
Worse yet was the stowaway on the team plane who snitched Kia Nurse's jersey, then took her seat on the bus to the arena. She even suited up for the entire first half and this imposter, wearing a national flag blue jersey with #11 on it, shot airballs and bricks at one end while playing matador defense at the other.

Fortunately the Canadian Nurse reclaimed her UConn shirt and place on the court in time to play a dazzling second half. :)
Ahem, professor! Impostor!

Reaction Score
(snip) on those rare occasions, like this one, when her teammates seem to be mostly sleepwalking.

That was my impression of the first quarter. I recall Geno's quote on the last "Geno Auriemma Show" on SNY where he was complaining about the 9PM EST start of the game being horrible because (roughly paraphrasing) the team sits around all day and is bored by the time the game starts. I was sure they would wake up and take an interest in the game at some point and I was not disappointed.

Reaction Score
Kib, what are so smoking? Is the badass award for players or coaches or anybody? I know you love Geno but enough is enough:D:D:D

Reaction Score
Good catch! At 6:23 a.m. I carelessly mistyped "imposter." Clearly my error. Thanks.:)
I assume that you know that my overly-pedantic foolishness was nothing more than good-natured ribbing!

JS

Reaction Score
I assume that you know that my overly-pedantic foolishness was nothing more than good-natured ribbing!
Nonsense. You actually suspect the postor who wrote "Kib's" post was an imposter sowing doubts about the rostor.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
I like to call Gabby... "The Disruptor".
disrupt:
1. To throw into confusion or disorder
2. To interrupt or impede the progress of
3. To break apart or alter so as to prevent normal or expected functioning

She has knack for stepping in those passing lanes and taking the ball to the other end (usually for 2, and sometimes 3).
She did this 2 or 3 times last night. Something else she did 2 or 3 times last night was knock the ball out of bounds
leaving Houston with 1 second on the shot clock.
Saw her poke the ball away from a player as that player was driving to the basket.
And watch her shot with about 4 minutes left in the game. Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom