UConn vs Gonzaga for a Final 4 Berth | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Gonzaga for a Final 4 Berth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope you are right but I think Timme is going to be a real problem. Sanogo needs to avoid foul trouble against him.

Timme knows how to move his feet. He didn’t just put up 36 points against UCLA for no reason. The dude can flat out ball
Someone finally be realistic. Not sure why many are acting like this will be a cake walk. The National Title champion shiuld most likely be one of these teams! I want it to be Uconn all day banner 5

Reaction Score
May need Springs for a few minutes first half. Don’t want AS or DC to have more than two fouls going into half time. JC would go to his 3rd option in his day.

Reaction Score
May need Springs for a few minutes first half. Don’t want AS or DC to have more than two fouls going into half time. JC would go to his 3rd option in his day.

I feel like Karaban could give us some meaningful mins against Timme if needed

Reaction Score
Springs always find a way to score as well. Doesn't matter how many minutes he plays. Lol. He's shooting over 60%

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
1679777048190.gif

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sanogo will have to hedge less, I am not kidding. The plus side is Timme initiates a lot of their offense. Sanogo will have to make Timme get touches further from the rim and move his feet if Timme faces him up. Make Timme work on the defensive side also. Timme is probably worse of a defender than Sanogo is.

Honestly, Gonzaga is a very good offensive team, UConn needs to control the boards like they have the past three games because Gonzaga has been hitting the boards hard recently. Both teams are fantastic offensive teams, but UConn as a whole is a better defensive team and should be able to limit Gonzaga a bit better than Gonzaga can limit UConn.
Timme is most comfortable starting his offense by dragging his mark outside the key. Lots of give and goes with him. Whoever is guarding him needs to be active and smart. Not a good idea putting AS on him. I would start with AJ and then AK and throw some AS to switch things up.
To be honest I don’t think that Timme can guard AS. But Timme has a variety of moves and can wear on you. The refs tend to favor him on 50/50 calls.
Beyond Timme, UConn has the better team, in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom