UConn vs. Duke: December 18 (Thursday, 8pm) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Duke: December 18 (Thursday, 8pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
It looks like the lowers whatever availability they had, may be out now. Best Available is showing uppers. Exactly at 10am they had some in lowers. I would keep trying though.
I logged in at exactly 10 AM and my first 3 or so hits were all nosebleeds in the corners. Typical ticketmaster... I ended up settling for section 234, row 6, which all though is an upper level, is dead center court and a low row.

p.s.
Looks like traffic is lower and requests are being fulfilled now. Still only seeing upper levels though. Good luck!

Reaction Score
I logged in at exactly 10 AM and my first 3 or so hits were all nosebleeds in the corners. Typical ticketmaster... I ended up settling for section 234, row 6, which all though is an upper level, is dead center court and a low row.

p.s.
Looks like traffic is lower and requests are being fulfilled now. Still only seeing upper levels though. Good luck!
How much were those?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

p.s.

Yeah wish Ticketmaster would just allow presale purchases via their seat map (like they do when there aren't many seats left).

It gets frustrating, especially when trying to purchase for high demand concerts - the wait can be more than 15 minutes.

Reaction Score
I got 2x tickets, section 231, row 14, end seats. Not thrilled; but, I'll be there.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I got 2x tickets, section 231, row 14, end seats. Not thrilled; but, I'll be there.

UConn and Duke are each receiving a block of approximately 5,000 seats from the event promoter to accommodate their institutional needs. In the coming weeks, UConn Club members will have an exclusive opportunity to order tickets within the UConn seat block. In addition, the promoter is providing approximately 200 discounted tickets for sale to UConn students. More details and specific ordering information will be provided at the beginning of the Fall semester.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/061614aab.html

With 10k tickets being reserved for both schools, it probably doesn't leave too many good seats to choose from, I would guess.

Reaction Score
With 10k tickets being reserved for both schools, it probably doesn't leave too many good seats to choose from, I would guess.
This is why when I saw 200 section, low row, and center court I jumped on them. I figured the 10,000 tickets for the schools are lower level. Not being a donor, because my football season tickets are in my friends name, I knew my chance of getting tickets, even while going through him, were next to nil.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I forgot about this until checking the board around 10:20 and am pissed that I didn't jump on the third pair that came up, Row 17 in 233 for $80.00 per ticket. Those are by far the best cheap seats I've seen since I started trying. A few lowers have come up in 117 and 120 in that time, as well as a lot in Rows 10 through 15 in 234 and 233, but those are all the next level ($106) and up. I hate paying for the worst seats in the price level, so I'm going to keep trying for those elusive row 17s in the middle sections of the 200s, which look like the best of the cheap seats, i.e, the 8893 special...

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now I can't access the link or Ticketmaster at all from my computer. Wonder if I tried too many times and it shut me out as a suspected scalper? Or maybe their server is just down. Anyone else having a problem accessing Ticketmaster right now?

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Now I can't access the link or Ticketmaster at all from my computer. Wonder if I tried too many times and it shut me out as a suspected scalper? Or maybe their server is just down. Anyone else having a problem accessing Ticketmaster right now?
Works for me. Looks like they shut you down. See if incognito mode works. If not, maybe try your cell phone (turn off wifi).

Reaction Score
Duke certainly did want a repeat of MSU game in the Garden. Husky fan will have to drive.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Just posting for whoever missed the presale, the public sale is at 10am today.

Reaction Score
Just posting for whoever missed the presale, the public sale is at 10am today.

i just got out of a meeting and the best i could do was sec 230....ugh

Reaction Score
I assume season ticket holders will get a chance to buy 'good' seats to this event?

Reaction Score
5000 is a lot of seats to sell fir a Thursday night game in December. I wouldn't be surprised if uconn sells to non donor season ticket holders down the line.

Reaction Score
23 posts, and only one is someone that is psyched to go to the game.

Pretty sad.

Make it two. I will be there.
I know its dook, but the excitement playing them left me years ago. uk is better competition or even L'ville. I just can't give them that much admiration or awe. They are another elite team on our list, nothing more. nothing less. However I'm excited that our tough scheduling is back next season. I just group them in with the general excitement of UConn ball.

In fact their board has no discussion of this game. Their fans must feel like I do.

By the way I will be there cheering for my team.

Reaction Score
An early season contest in a historically meaningful arena, rathole that it is...:

1) Game will be played at the "scene of the crime", Laettner's most devastating shot in the 1990 Regional Final.
2) And, of course, the arena of "the shot"
2) Okafor will be a star player of Duke and not UConn

Since that 1990 matchup, Duke and UConn combined have won about 33% of all NCAA men's basketball championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom