UConn vs Creighton Postgame | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Creighton Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cut this team some slack- the program has been shut down for almost 3 weeks and they came out and played a tough team shot for shot. UConn could have been blown out in the first half but they made some great adjustments. The future looks bright and UConn fans need to relax

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
When up 4 they let Creighton get 2 easy points in like 3 seconds. No contest at all on that play
This really annoyed me. If you're up 6-7 points that's fine. Let them score and foul but you don't play matador defense up 4. It's not like there were 5 seconds left.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You know who we could really use right now? Jordan Hawkins, we need shooting and perimeter depth.

Reaction Score
I don’t want to hear about Cole ever again. I’ve been telling the yard since the beginning He isn’t that good.

Gaff despite not playing well made some winning plays when presented. Cole never makes good plays down the stretch.

PS: Polley needs to be our second scoring option

You don’t want to hear about Cole again and then find something good to say about Gaff who besides his 2 FTs was absolutely awful. Winning plays? 3 on 2 fast break where his attempt at a shot didnt get near the rim then a couple wide open 3s zero. He can’t get to the rim anyway he’s doing nothing. He also missed a very big switch on D down the stretch when Zegarowski took Cole into gaffs guy but he didn’t hedge off and watched him drive home. He’s horrid for now, and this team just won’t be very good until they can get people to earn more minutes so we have a lot less minutes with Cole and Gaffney on the court together. Too many again in this game and when you add an Adam’s who’s not playing good it’s amazing we were even in this game.

Hurley needs to coach AJ up so we can be more flexible.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
I blame my girlfriend for this one, she walked into the room right as they went down 12 so I kicked her out, she had the audacity to come try to hang out with us up 2 with 2 seconds left, I didnt want to push my luck and try to kick her out again and then we lost. I love her but she might be bad for the team

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I blame my girlfriend for this one, she walked into the room right as they went down 12 so I kicked her out, she had the audacity to come try to hang out with us up 2 with 2 seconds left, I didnt want to push my luck and try to kick her out again and then we lost. I love her but she might be bad for the team
Dump her.

Reaction Score
Hurley is now 1-6 in OT games. That’s a trend, not an anomaly.
JC wins this game with same players. That’s the difference between a HoF coach and a guy trying to become a great coach. It’s more than recruiting and teaching. It’s in-game decision making with situational awareness, and giving your team the best chances to win. So many mistakes down the stretch. Hurley just isn’t there yet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DH has proven that he has the resources to be a great recruiter BUT that is only a part of the job.
I have huge issues with his game day coaching decisions
I guess its best to give him time but he seems to do the same questionable things on a consistent basis.
Can't believe if Bob Sr hasn't seen this but maybe he stays out of it.

Reaction Score
Last season almost every close game was lost. This season we pulled out the win over USC and almost pulled this one out over Creighton. Let’s see how this season manifests. 1 game riddled with mistakes and sloppiness may not mean poor coaching just lack of game reps or unable to replicate tense scenarios in practice and being behind schedule.

Reaction Score
If that is the case, is she really worth it. My wife gave up on me during games. She knows I am in another world

Reaction Score
Last season almost every close game was lost. This season we pulled out the win over USC and almost pulled this one out over Creighton.
Isn't losing a close game the same as almost pulling out a win? Lol

Anyway, they were much better at that the last 1/3 of the season last year. So they did get over that hump.

Reaction Score
this is not on any one person. Enough. The guys hadn’t played in 17 days and they took #9 Creighton to OT, what more do you want??

And enough of the “we don’t have a PG” narrative. We have one of the best PG’s in the country in RJ Cole. He had a bad game offensively, but kept us in the game with his defense. You really think he’s going to shoot like that every game? This place can be brutal after losing...

Reaction Score
Hard to argue that Gaffney deserves more minutes but he’s more careful with the ball and finds his teammates better than Cole. Well said above that Cole is more of an undersized 2 at this point. He’s got a quick trigger, especially from 3. Tries to be a scorer first. At the end of the day Gaffney made both his freethrows under pressure to keep us up more than one possession and obviously Cole choked. Tough loss but at least we were competitive.

Reaction Score
Yup. Sucks to lose. But did anyone notice the cutouts in the crowd and masked team mates? Considering all we knew coming into this game it took what really looked like nerves, fatigue, rust, and announcer curse to lose to a very very legit team. Had we had 7 games under our belt we probably win. I’m no way looking for participation awards here, but perspective says to me that we lost a better team ....... at this point if the season. Aside ftt try on. Few mental and exhaustive lapses our defense was solid. Akok is going to change us and come tournament time going full court with our guards and Ajax and Akok is going to be deadly.

Reaction Score
I am in the same thinking of the 17 day layoff was hard to come into the game with, but they had the chance to win the game with seconds left to go in the game when they were up 4 and to let the point guard that they smothered all game long to take the ball coast to coast unimpeded for an easy layup was unconscionable. they knew they were going to foul after that, so why not try to make them earn it by knocking some seconds off the clock. then of course after the foul RJ (who made all his free throws in the game before) promptly misses both free throws setting up the 2 point shot to send it into overtime. free throws will be missed, but that full court drive from the point guard set up this whole mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom