UConn vs. Columbia Observations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Columbia Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I have to agree about DD. He was blanketing #1 in the second half. As far as I remember, #1 did not score when DD was guarding him. DD went to the bench and #1 hit a three. He was back in soon after.

Welcome aboard, Professor. I believe I took a course from you some time ago.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have to agree about DD. He was blanketing #1 in the second half. As far as I remember, #1 did not score when DD was guarding him. DD went to the bench and #1 hit a three. He was back in soon after.
It was exactly at that point in time, and from that point on, in which I thought DD did a very good job on defense. I could be wrong but I believe it was the last four minutes of his playing time. The previous eight minutes he was not playing well on defense.

I was actually surprised JC didn't leave him in longer after that improvement. I wasn't paying attention to what he was doing on the offensive end, but he was doing something to make JC uncomfortable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I found it curious that JC didn't go with JL and Allen at the point for longer stretches in a game like this. Unless, JC knows that Boatshow will be back soon, he's running a risk of not preparing these two to run the team if Bazz has to sit for any long stretch during the game or even worse, is not available at all, such as fouling out late in a game. At this point it doesn't appear that either of them will be capable of giving us what Bazz does.

Allen was close to mistake free and steady the first two games, but in this one, he immediately turned it over, though his teammates did a very bad job of getting open. I think the same thing happened to Lamb during his first set at the point. Might not have been completely Allen's fault. You can't expect him to bail his teammates out by creating for himself when they can't get open. They must execute much better especially when he or Lamb are at the point.

Allen actually played longer than most first year players would have played with the number of mistakes he was making. He got the benefit of a short bench for not getting the quick hook.

As much as I'm upset about RB not getting developing time, I'm upset Allen is playing out of his position. There is so much he does right if he were being put in as the 2G. But I'm afraid, if he keeps up his poor play at the 1G the coaches may not allow him to play the 2 when RB is allowed to play. Hope I'm wrong, because I would love to see him at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom