UCONN vs. Buffalo | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am predicting a Husky victory here.

So, its is nice to see that the expansion talk has overtaken every message board in the country. I think UCONN goes to the ACC.

Reaction Score
Hopefully UCONN's players and coaches aren't as distracted as the fans. Buffalo gave Pittsburgh a tough game at Pittsburgh. I'm sure their players and fans will be pumped up for this game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What am I looking for?

Decisions and a coherent offense. Enough of the tinkering with QB's. Last week it looks like the Oline got settled by using both Masters and Friend at Guards, moving Ryan to RT and getting Bennett in to the starting lineup at LT.

Now it's time to be a big boy and make the most highly visible decision a coach has to make- QB.

I mentioned it towards the end of camp and before the first game that I was concerned about PP having to go back to being the tie-breaker on tough decisions. As a coordinator you can present cases for both guys- you can be the good guy.

Head coaches don't get a chance to punt a decision or put it off on anyone else. We need a clear 1-2-3 pecking order and let the offense gel with that player Saturday and next week against Directional Michigan.

Other thing I want to see is an improvement in the punt return game. The team is average in punting, KO's and KO return (they've been so far above average that it's tough to accept average). Punt returning has been atrocious. The balls are getting caught and we're not getting yards on the return. That's a bunch of hidden yards the team isn't getting.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to a bunch of empty beers and some good buffalo bleu cheese nachos being consumed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm going to watch the 1st half then go see Roger Daltrey sing Tommy. I need a break.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Honestly, and I hate to say this, but right now my enthusiasm for the college football season has gone right down the sh1tter.

The possibility of UConn Football ending up in some god awful conference and seeing the program wither away after all that I have invested into the program is just too much to take sometimes.

Reaction Score
I'd like to think we'll probably win regardless of who plays QB, but I'll admit that I am far, far more frightened of a loss than I should be against Buffalo. Not to take anything away from them.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I was one of those predicting a loss to Iowa State (and UConn actually scored more points than I thought they would) but for some reason I am very optimistic about this game. Buffalo, while they may not be as bad as they were last year, is just not going to be in our class in my opinion. In particular, I think our defense will be all over Chazz Anderson (former Cincinnati QB) and will force him to make mistakes that cause turnovers. While Buffalo hung with Pitt in their first game, I think that is more of a function of how unimpressive Pitt has been this year as opposed to how good Buffalo is. Also, Ray Graham had over 200 yards in that game which bodes well for our supposed strength as opposed to forcing us to pass the ball.

I'm going with at least a two score victory by UConn. Maybe something like 28-14.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I am very interested in seeing what the team does offensively this week. i know the consistency has to be there. UCOnn can't run on first down 95% of the time. They have to mix it up so Buffalo doesn't load up the box as Iowa St did last week

Reaction Score
If you are afraid about this game, you're going to need medical help leading up to the next one.

Medical Help is expensive. First, try Tequila

Reaction Score
Did any else realize Buffalo's QB is Chazz Anderson? We beat him a few years ago when he filled in as a freshman for Cinci when Tony Pike was hurt. It might have still been Ben Mauk back then, can't remember.

Reaction Score
If Nebrich plays alot I think we win.

If JMac is back under center not so much.

I agree, let the Nebrick era begin. He should start vs. Buffalo and once he does, he will not give it up. McCummings should be #2 . Nebrick can throw and he runs a 4.4 in the 40. Nebrich broke the VA state record for all-purpose yards with 4,968. MICHAEL NEBRICK HE's OUR MAN IF HE CAN'T DO IT NO ONE CAN!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I agree, let the Nebrick era begin. He should start vs. Buffalo and once he does, he will not give it up. McCummings should be #2 . Nebrick can throw and he runs a 4.4 in the 40. Nebrich broke the VA state record for all-purpose yards with 4,968. MICHAEL NEBRICK HE's OUR MAN IF HE CAN'T DO IT NO ONE CAN!!!

But has he had more number one hits than Elvis and The Beatles?

Reaction Score
Honestly, and I hate to say this, but right now my enthusiasm for the college football season has gone right down the sh1tter.

The possibility of UConn Football ending up in some god awful conference and seeing the program wither away . . . . . is just too much to take sometimes.

In some ways this is a VERY important game - an away game, best opportunity for OOC game other than Fordham, all the BE crap this week, the gosh awful losses, etc.

Reaction Score
Personally I like Nebrich as the starting QB and if not hopefully he plays a lot this game. Perhaps he can show enough to overtake Trickshot Johny..... He's terrible!! Not a 1st or even 2nd string div 1a QB. hate to say it..but it doesn't seem like he's gonna get any better. He's been with the program 4 yrs already.

Reaction Score
Personally I like Nebrich as the starting QB and if not hopefully he plays a lot this game. Perhaps he can show enough to overtake Trickshot Johny..... He's terrible!! Not a 1st or even 2nd string div 1a QB. hate to say it..but it doesn't seem like he's gonna get any better. He's been with the program 4 yrs already.

What I really don't understand is that Nebrich basically gets 2 series a game? How can a qb, especially a true freshman, establish any type of rhythm out there? At the very least I would like to see him play 2 full quarters (I have no problem with McEntee coming in in the red zone, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom