UConn vs. Bucknell (Saturday 5/1 @3p & Sunday 5/2 @12p) Saturday on Husky All-Access/Mixlr, Sunday on CW20/WCCT-TV | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. Bucknell (Saturday 5/1 @3p & Sunday 5/2 @12p) Saturday on Husky All-Access/Mixlr, Sunday on CW20/WCCT-TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really enjoy watching brown play. It’s a fresh sight to see a third baseman that is not only a good fielder, but a guy who can bring a spark plug with the bat. He’s a great bat in the bottom of the order

It's not always easy to find a good fielder at third base. In my mind, early on Brown won the third base job with his glove, and while his bat wasn't great, he did enough with it to keep him in the lineup. Brown's bat has certainly improved as the season progressed, it will be interesting to see how much his offense advances in future seasons. If it does, he could turn into quite a player.

Reaction Score
Bottom 7th, a Bucknell throwing error with runners on the corners allows another UConn run to score. 13-5, 1 out with a runner at 1st.

Reaction Score
Top 8th, Crawford takes his turn on the mound to start the inning.

Reaction Score
Top 8th, Crawford strands a couple runners on base while picking up 3 strikeouts.

Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, UConn goes down in order. Top 9th, Caleb Wurster in to pitch. A two out solo homer makes it 13-6.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By the way, I won't be available for posting during games during the St. John's series next weekend, and possibly the currently scheduled game against Northeastern the following Tuesday. Somehow I suspect you will all manage fine without my odd contributions.

Reaction Score
Knew there had to be more to the Butler schedule/travel story... nice shout out to Benedict by Coach.

Reaction Score
Knew there had to be more to the Butler schedule/travel story... nice shout out to Benedict by Coach.

Sounds like Benedict did some good work for the baseball program this weekend in making the Bucknell series happen, and Penders is certainly appreciative.

It's finals week, and it certainly doesn't sound at this point any games are going to get rescheduled before the St. John's series.

Reaction Score
First time at Elliot. Wow! We sat just off the end of the first base dugout about 20 ft. from the walkway on the berm. We had Bucknell parents on either side. They had to make the drive to see the games based on what they saw of the park on the internet. They thought it was a wonderful college venue and their kids were exited to play here, very welcoming. In fact they raved about whole athletic village noting the hockey barn is set to begin construction this spring too. They hope to return. Told them to stop at the dairy bar on their way to Rte. 84. As for the game, I lost track of the free bases Bucknell gave up by the end of the 4th. Wonderful place.

Reaction Score
First time at Elliot. Wow! We sat just off the end of the first base dugout about 20 ft. from the walkway on the berm. We had Bucknell parents on either side. They had to make the drive to see the games based on what they saw of the park on the internet. They thought it was a wonderful college venue and their kids were exited to play here, very welcoming. In fact they raved about whole athletic village noting the hockey barn is set to begin construction this spring too. They hope to return. Told them to stop at the dairy bar on their way to Rte. 84. As for the game, I lost track of the free bases Bucknell gave up by the end of the 4th.

You did your good deed for the day, directing the Bucknell fans to the Dairy Bar. The Dairy Bar building reopened to the public a little over a week ago according to their website, so that was good timing as well.

Reaction Score
You did your good deed for the day, directing the Bucknell fans to the Dairy Bar. The Dairy Bar building reopened to the public a little over a week ago according to their website, so that was good timing as well.
I had the chocolate/ coffee expresso crunch

Reaction Score
I had the chocolate/ coffee expresso crunch

That wouldn't be my cup of tea so to speak, but we all have our Dairy Bar favorites, I'm sure you enjoyed yours.

My wife and I have been to Storrs a few times during the pandemic, and each time we dropped by the Dairy Bar to find it closed to the public. Good to know the next time we're in the area that ice cream may very well find its way on to the agenda.

Reaction Score
That wouldn't be my cup of tea so to speak, but we all have our Dairy Bar favorites, I'm sure you enjoyed yours.

My wife and I have been to Storrs a few times during the pandemic, and each time we dropped by the Dairy Bar to find it closed to the public. Good to know the next time we're in the area that ice cream may very well find its way on to the agenda.
My favorite is peach. Hope to see that by late summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom