UConn vs Baylor Post Game Interviews | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn vs Baylor Post Game Interviews

Reaction Score
Don’t forget this is the same play Aubrey picked a charging foul with the defender in the restricted area

yeah, that was a bad miss by the refs and announcers. She was completely in it.

Reaction Score
DiDi missed about 12 minutes to injury. Nika missed 40 minutes.
Might I add that Aliyah Edwards missed all second quarter and ONO missed some of the 3rd and most of fourth quarter.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Probably posted elsewhere, but I found this interview uncharacteristically revealing of the the personalities and relationships of "C" and "E". E can come off as a bit too "by-the-book" or serious and dry in her interviews. I really enjoyed seeing a glimpse of her being a little less guarded. The more I get to "know her" the more confused I become about her time with Tennessee. What a great kid and teammate. Selfless on the court and off by all accounts.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ExstoxLWYAIjDdA

I don’t know what was going on here
That first couple of minutes was down right spooky. Then she found her we were robbed theme and she was off and running.

Reaction Score
Baylor's Carrington discussing how she got fouled at the end. I sense a theme. :(
Just rewatching the 2nd half and carrington should have fouled out of the game in a five minute span of the third qtr holding, pushing and grabbing Paige plus a wild swing on one of paiges drive that if would have connected with paiges head would probably have knocked Paige out of the game and carrington thrown out of the game after the review. And as 4th qtr starts carrington matched up with Evina on top takes a wild swing as evina try’s to make a move hitting her in the stomach knocking evina back with no call. Carrington should have never made it anywhere near the last shot as she committed about 10 fouls. The officials in this game should be just sent home.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Probably posted elsewhere, but I found this interview uncharacteristically revealing of the the personalities and relationships of "C" and "E". E can come off as a bit too "by-the-book" or serious and dry in her interviews. I really enjoyed seeing a glimpse of her being a little less guarded. The more I get to "know her" the more confused I become about her time with Tennessee. What a great kid and teammate. Selfless on the court and off by all accounts.

In this interview there are moments when Evina gives you a glimpse of a player still trying to process what just happened and where they are heading. I love this young lady and wish we had been fortunate to have her as a Husky for her whole undergraduate experience.

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more. This ref crew let stuff go on both sides the entire game, so to focus on the one play is wrong. If they had called it tight all game (and there would have been perhaps 20 more fouls called!), and then if they let the last play go, you would have a right to complain about inconsistency. But you can't complain if the refs were consistent, which they pretty much were.
On the other hand, there was an absolutely phantom foul called (I think on Christyn at 2:21). Rebecca Lobo was amazed at that call.
I do not believe the officials were consistent, other than consistently bad. It appeared clear to me that they called UConn for fouls that they did not call against Baylor. I won’t gripe about calls made on UConn, but you have to make the same calls v Baylor. One example, calling a foul for not allowing a shooter room to land. Called against CW but not against Richards. Consistency in what you call a block or a charge. GA’s comment about 11 foul shots for Baylor and 2 for UConn in first 1/2 apparently fell on deaf media ears.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

"I may be new to the team but I know the ways" -- Evina Westbrook

Reaction Score

Both Evina and Chrystin said they prefer this type of very physical game with lots of no-calls. "Just let us play."

Reaction Score
I really do hope Evina returns for her 4th year.
Definitely the mature leadership that this young team needed on and off the floor.
Hard work to overcome injuries has brought her to this wonderful place.
Once in a lifetime opportunity.
Pro’s will still be there in two years.
Hope she decides to savor this place in time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The part with not cutting down the nets for the FF was very funny and inciteful. The newcomer appreciating the uniqueness of UConn traditions while the veteran not believing others cut down the nets at the FF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom