UConn vs Baylor Post Game Interviews | The Boneyard

UConn vs Baylor Post Game Interviews

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Baylor's Carrington discussing how she got fouled at the end. I sense a theme. :(

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Carrington now on the Podium Can't wait for Kim Mulkey.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Carrington now on the Podium Can't wait for Kim Mulkey.
I am guessing she will be more philosophical. It really does no one any good outside the BY blaming officials

Reaction Score
I take no pleasure in seeing Kim lose (except against us), but her comment about the virus was moronic. I guess that science at Baylor is not in high regard.
So: the story of the game was NOT UConn wins, but that fate and the refs conspired to deny the best team from winning. lol

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Glad Kim got off the reason they lost was because of the Non Call. They lost the game became Didi Richards was injured. UConn went on a Run after the injury. UConn still might have gone on the Run but it would have been more difficult. Baylor had the chance to tie the game because of missed Free Throws and layups by UConn down the stretch.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Let’s talk about the steal and fast break by Christyn under a minute and CW pump fakes and Oliver comes down hard across her arm and she makes the basket but NO call or Aubrey on drive to the hoop getting her arm yanked by Ursin causing the ball to out of bounds AND NO CALL.

Never mind the mauling Paige regularly received from Carrington and no calls at all. So just live with it.

Reaction Score
In the emotion of the moment the players and the coach forget that many other no-calls went against UCONN. Hard to blame the loss on one call. We had a starter who was injured and did not start. So you can’t blame it on one injury either... many things happen during the course of the whole 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
In the emotion of the moment the players and the coach forget that many other no-calls went against UCONN. Hard to blame the loss on one call. We had a starter who was injured and did not start. So you can’t blame it on one injury either... many things happen during the course of the whole 40 minutes.
Couldn't agree more. This ref crew let stuff go on both sides the entire game, so to focus on the one play is wrong. If they had called it tight all game (and there would have been perhaps 20 more fouls called!), and then if they let the last play go, you would have a right to complain about inconsistency. But you can't complain if the refs were consistent, which they pretty much were.
On the other hand, there was an absolutely phantom foul called (I think on Christyn at 2:21). Rebecca Lobo was amazed at that call.

Reaction Score
Let’s talk about the steal and fast break by Christyn under a minute and CW pump fakes and Oliver comes down hard across her arm and she makes the basket but NO call or Aubrey on drive to the hoop getting her arm yanked by Ursin causing the ball to out of bounds AND NO CALL.

Never mind the mauling Paige regularly received from Carrington and no calls at all. So just live with it.
Don’t forget this is the same play Aubrey picked a charging foul with the defender in the restricted area

Reaction Score
Glad Kim got off the reason they lost was because of the Non Call. They lost the game became Didi Richards was injured. UConn went on a Run after the injury. UConn still might have gone on the Run but it would have been more difficult. Baylor had the chance to tie the game because of missed Free Throws and layups by UConn down the stretch.
Sure Richardson got hurt. Just as we lost our starting point guard at the start of the tourney. If Baylor doesn't have one of its starters available tonight, is this game even close?

Reaction Score

POST OF THE NIGHT CONGRATULATIONS ?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Paige up first at about the 34 minute mark. Kim and Carrington spent a bunch of time talking about how they have tape and stills of the player getting hit in the face and arm on that lats play. But amazingly, no mention of how they mugged Paige the entire game with nary a call. Shocking, I know... :rolleyes:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I'm annoyed that the "journalist" took the bait and answered Kim's question, in the process inserting herself into the story. You don't do that. I was a sports journalist for 46 years. Some version of "What do you think" or "No one cares what I think" or "This works better if I ask the questions and you answer them" is a better response. Hopefully, the reporter will learn from this incident.

Reaction Score
Love Paige's response regarding being part of the 13 consecutive final fours. She said growing up watching Connecticut, Stephanie Dolson was one of her favorite players.

I had to smile because she was and is one of my all-time favorite Huskies. I just absolutely love her exuberance and toughness. Both qualities that Paige has in Dolsonesque quantities.

Whenever I see Stephanie Dolson or here Stephanie Dolson or hear someone else talk about Stephanie Dolson I smile.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom