UConn vs. aTm - Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn vs. aTm - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Still waiting for Mo to make a sweet drive + layup....she's come close a few times but either gotten fouled or the ball's been tipped (or she's dished it)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think UConn takes #1 with this win, though Stanford will get some votes.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
minute and a twenty-ish seconds to go......
UConn 81 , Texas A&M 48

Moriah, glad you came east to play?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I think UConn takes #1 with this win, though Stanford will get some votes.

really? I think that beating the #1 team will get more attention

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Would love to know what Gary Blair was saying to Geno.

Could it be, this could be one of your best teams :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think that between Sims being hurt, this being a nationally televised game, and UConn impressing despite not being at full strength, the Huskies will have an edge. Should be close though. In any event, it will be decided on 12/30, if not sooner. :)

Getting 81 on A&M is really strong.

I'll take 56-44-77 splits all day in terms of shooting percentages, especially against a strong defense. Wow.

Think Penn State and Louisville are really looking forward to their trips to CT now?

Reaction Score
By the unofficial box score I saw on the A&M gametracker, Kiah led with 7 rebounds and 3 blocks. I thought she had at least 4.

Reaction Score
I love what Geno said in the post game interview..."If that's as bad as the freshmen play this season, we'll be fine." (Maybe not he exact quote).

The FR were not the impact players! It was SD**,CD,KF,KLM with Stewie contributing and ending up with 11 pts and 6rbs. Hostile crowd,physical play,knowing and playing to the game plan. You could see the experienced players leading the team on the court and off. 2nd half we just took total control and Geno did everything to keep it from being a 50 pt win. Class act. I liked the way everyone on the floor at the end knowing they were not to attempt to score.

Steph has transformed her body,her maturity,her play to that of an Elite Player.
To those who do not think CD deserves her minutes hmmm
Ira

Reaction Score
Beating Baylor was a big achievement but to win by two points when they've lost their All-American point guard a couple of minutes in surely made their job quite a big easier. Beyond her leadership on the offensive end, she's a really tenacious defender and some of those 3 point shots Stanford was making quite probably would have been affected by her quickness and defensive prowess. Still, all in all, a really impressive Stanford win.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

No way that a 2 point win over Baylor without Sims is more deserving of the number 1 ranking than is UCONN's beat-down of TAMU....without Hartley, at that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Beating Baylor was a big achievement but to win by two points when they've lost their All-American point guard a couple of minutes in surely made their job quite a big easier. Beyond her leadership on the offensive end, she's a really tenacious defender and some of those 3 point shots Stanford was making quite probably would have been affected by her quickness and defensive prowess. Still, all in all, a really impressive Stanford win.

Dolson was a stud. She was very efficient and made Bone look like an inexperienced freshman.

The freshmen were not spectacular, but the good thing for UCONN is that they don't need to be at this point of their careers. They are in such a perfect environment where they get to learn at their own pace.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The team won easily, there was some wonderful play by Dolson but it was not beautiful basketball and the team can and will play much better.
I thought spacing was a bit off, that Doty looked physically great but made some bonehead plays.
That with the game won and Geno playing 3 bigs at the same time, there was not enough advantage taken of their size.
That KLM seemed a bit passive at times. That they let the freshman kid score too much, yads, yada.
I know this is quibbling with a 30-point win, but I hoped for even more; we'll get it, it will just take a little time.
By the way, I thought that A&M has recruited a nice bunch of kids and that they will be terrif when they grow up.
And Ms Bone looks "past her use-by date" (Kiwi-speak).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kaleena looked passive? 16-5-5 on nine shots, including eight points in the paint, is something I'll take every day of the week from her. If Uconn needed her to score more, she would have.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
No way that a 2 point win over Baylor without Sims is more deserving of the number 1 ranking than is UCONN's beat-down of TAMU....without Hartley, at that.

fair point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger