UConn vs #13 Northeastern (2/7/19 @ XL @ 7p) | The Boneyard

UConn vs #13 Northeastern (2/7/19 @ XL @ 7p)

Reaction Score
Let’s hope this win helps fill the XL center on Sat against Merrimack.
Mission9k

Promo Codes for free tickets...
HOCKEY19
FBTHANKYOU
MBTHANKYOU

Reaction Score
Hell of a game
Northeastern controlled a lot of the play but we kept putting shots on net
Trying goal we had two guys camped in front of the net and goalie didn't see it, we need to have kondalik camp.in front more often

Reaction Score
Let’s hope this win helps fill the XL center on Sat against Merrimack.
Mission9k

Promo Codes for free tickets...
HOCKEY19
FBTHANKYOU
MBTHANKYOU

Also WBTHANKYOU

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Thrilled for the kids. Three months between league wins, christ.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Glad I went....that was like finding water in the desert!

Attachments

• D07C121E-76F6-4640-B2E5-BB9F5E6CCB8D.jpeg
    D07C121E-76F6-4640-B2E5-BB9F5E6CCB8D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Reaction Score
This will send shockwaves through Hockey East. Nobody gave UConn a chance to send Northeastern, the #13 team in all the land, careening to a fourth straight league defeat.

People already in bed for the night will be waking to calls and texts from people around the league giddy to share the news. I feel like a kid again and it's only Thursday. Inspiring performance by the UConn Huskies, who once again remind us that there are no easy wins in Hockey East.

Reaction Score
2018-19 Game Recap - Hockey East Association

I wish more than 3,059 pieces of paper saw that game...

Congrats to Vomacha for his 1st HE win and career high 31 saves.

Congrats to the team after losing 12 straight HE games

No longer at the bottom of the standings. Currently in 10th and tied with MC with 8 pts

Vermont(9th/10pts) plays wknd series vs UNH(7th/17pts) @ UVM.

Maine(8th/15pts) plays a wknd series vs PC(6th/18pts) @ Maine

Reaction Score
About 10 minutes into the game I turned to my wife and said: "I know they'll end up losing but this is fun ... they absolutely deserve to be on this ice against this good team." And of course I was wrong, they won.

Good passing, good heart, good ideas about how to make a goal happen. A real treat in front of a light crowd. Only comment is that I haven't seen officiating this strange since I used to watch the NHL in the 70s. Penalties that weren't, not-penalties that were, developing plays called because the linesman didn't like something at the face-off, some weird call on us for icing when we were down a man (perhaps I misunderstood?), and above all: in the way. But it went both ways I guess.

Reaction Score
Is it just me getting old and crotchedy or are you as frosted as me with the coverage that the Courant is giving this team. I mean, a win at home over a ranked team by a UConn team in kind a rebuilding year is an accomplishment. It doesn't deserve to get buried on page 5 of the sports section with the high school scores. Sheesh!!!

Reaction Score
Is it just me getting old and crotchedy or are you as frosted as me with the coverage that the Courant is giving this team. I mean, a win at home over a ranked team by a UConn team in kind a rebuilding year is an accomplishment. It doesn't deserve to get buried on page 5 of the sports section with the high school scores. Sheesh!!!

The Courant has not been sending reporters to these games for most of the season. I think they have only had a reporter at a couple of games this season, and that was early on.

Reaction Score
The Courant has not been sending reporters to these games for most of the season. I think they have only had a reporter at a couple of games this season, and that was early on.
Another reason not to get the Courant anymore. Gannett cannot buy them soon enough as far as I am concerned. A shadow of their former self.

Reaction Score
Another reason not to get the Courant anymore. Gannett cannot buy them soon enough as far as I am concerned. A shadow of their former self.

No question the Courant is a shadow of what it used to be.

My wife used to work for a Gannett paper many years ago. From her experience there Gannett would not be an improvement, they are experts at draining the profits from local papers and sending them up the corporate ladder, and letting the local paper rot away. The wild thing is that there even worse newspaper owners than Gannett.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom