UCONN-Villanova rematch | The Boneyard

UCONN-Villanova rematch

Reaction Score
Since our COVID pause, I've been wondering which windows we have to make up games. I was just looking at schedules and we have an opening on 2/15 & 2/16, as does Villanova in that same week. How has the conference not re-scheduled this game? Does Villanova already have a game that week that's being made up? According to their schedule, they don't, nor do we. I'm confused.

UCONN schedule:
Marquette - 2/13
@Zavier - 2/18
Georgetown - 2/20

Villanova schedule:
@Seton Hall - 2/13
DePaul - 2/20

I know the BE only allows 3 games per week, but last week our schedule was:
Sunday 1/30 @ Providence
Wednesday 2/2 @ Creighton
Friday 2/4 vs. Butler(cancelled)
Sunday 2/6 vs. Tennessee

So, it's clear that Sunday-Tuesday/Wednesday-Friday-Sunday is allowed, so what gives? I mean, we are still short what, 3 games?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd love to have another crack at Nova at full strength but have a feeling we might have to wait for BE tournament to (possibly) get one.

1644530373551.gif

Reaction Score
Since our COVID pause, I've been wondering which windows we have to make up games. I was just looking at schedules and we have an opening on 2/15 & 2/16, as does Villanova in that same week. How has the conference not re-scheduled this game? Does Villanova already have a game that week that's being made up? According to their schedule, they don't, nor do we. I'm confused.

UCONN schedule:
Marquette - 2/13
@Zavier - 2/18
Georgetown - 2/20

Villanova schedule:
@Seton Hall - 2/13
DePaul - 2/20

I know the BE only allows 3 games per week, but last week our schedule was:
Sunday 1/30 @ Providence
Wednesday 2/2 @ Creighton
Friday 2/4 vs. Butler(cancelled)
Sunday 2/6 vs. Tennessee

So, it's clear that Sunday-Tuesday/Wednesday-Friday-Sunday is allowed, so what gives? I mean, we are still short what, 3 games?
And-I know Xavier is spelled wrong.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
And-I know Xavier is spelled wrong.
You posted this just in time @ucbart ! I was about to give you a critical dissertation on always proofreading your posts previous to publishing. Ha! just kidding. ;)

I find it interesting on the BY that if someone does not like your post, they frequently point out any misspellings, but if they like your post, they let it go. One of the biggest problems is the "Nike" vs. "Nika" substitution. Be careful with that one! Or, perhaps I am just "missoverestimating" the issue.

Anyway, didn't Nike already have a good game against Zavier ?

Reaction Score
I'd love to have another crack at Nova at full strength but have a feeling we might have to wait for BE tournament to (possibly) get one.

View attachment 73176
Agree. In his short on-court interview after the DePaul game, Geno mentioned the 5-day break and indicated he is looking forward to it. Didnt sound like there was anything in the works to re-schedule VIllanova. Rest and recuperation sound better than a quick shot at revenge.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Time and a good trainer are this team‘s best assets right now. We will either see nova in the Big East tournament or we won’t. I suspect if we do the outcome will be different.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
After tomorrow's game, UConn has 5 days off. Given the state of the team (injuries), I don't see any games schedule for those 5 days. The team needs the rest. So next up is Xavier next Friday.

Reaction Score
The big East men have a rule that you can’t play 3 games/week in back to back weeks.

Do not know if women have similar but might explain.

Reaction Score
I'd rather not make up any more games. Let's just play what's left on the schedule and get the team healthy. I don't understand why some want these make up games so badly when the team is so banged up. Even Geno wants the time off for his players. I think sometimes we forget these are just college students playing a game and not circus animals.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
You posted this just in time @ucbart ! I was about to give you a critical dissertation on always proofreading your posts previous to publishing. Ha! just kidding. ;)

I find it interesting on the BY that if someone does not like your post, they frequently point out any misspellings, but if they like your post, they let it go. One of the biggest problems is the "Nike" vs. "Nika" substitution. Be careful with that one! Or, perhaps I am just "missoverestimating" the issue.

Anyway, didn't Nike already have a good game against Zavier ?
I have observed the same tendency of hypercriticality in posters who don't agree. But the Nika/Nike issue is far less of an error than it might appear. In mythology Nike represented victory, and the name is derived from the word for attack. So it may just be an inadvertent sort of Freudian slip to conflate the two names. To me , our Nika has the attributes of Nike in spades.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I have observed the same tendency of hypercriticality in posters who don't agree. But the Nika/Nike issue is far less of an error than it might appear. In mythology Nike represented victory, and the name is derived from the word for attack. So it may just be an inadvertent sort of Freudian slip to conflate the two names. To me , our Nika has the attributes of Nike in spades.
@Bama fan - I have not "read" you in while. I always enjoy your posts. They tend to push my IQ into triple digits! Glad you're around and operating within normal parameters.

The problem I alluded to with respect to Nike/Nika is that the BY spell checker will automatically change Nika to Nike if you are not careful, and the typical response of "who is Nike?" will follow if you're being critical of Nika. All that said, I like your vignette better:).

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
@Bama fan - I have not "read" you in while. I always enjoy your posts. They tend to push my IQ into triple digits! Glad you're around and operating within normal parameters.

The problem I alluded to with respect to Nike/Nika is that the BY spell checker will automatically change Nika to Nike if you are not careful, and the typical response of "who is Nike?" will follow if you're being critical of Nika. All that said, I like your vignette better:).
Not sure if I am operating within normal parameters, but I am happy to be back and observing the efforts of the Boneyard denizens. Thanks.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Remember, at one time some on the BY were expressing concerns that we might not play enough games to qualify for the NCAA tournament. That’s where the desire to make up canceled games arose, IMO.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The objective now is healing and getting all the parts meshing.
I doubt Geno thinks at the same petty level as many of us do (me included), seeking revenge for a single slight.
I believe his thinking is that winning the Big East, Making the Final Four and Winning the National Championship are all much better ways to avenge all the team's losses this year.
Personally, I see no rush with my personal pettiness.
I am a believer that
Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Cold.

Reaction Score
I am glad you realized you spelled Xavier wrong... so that leads one to ask why you did it... if you knew it was wrong why did you not fix it.

But what really scares me about your post is that you go on a rant about 3 games over the course of 1 week. Then proceed to tell us about how they played four games from Sunday to Sunday. I am sure you are aware that a week is 7 days... and that if you count 7 days would be Sunday to Saturday... therefore, the Tennessee game on the second Sunday was on Day 8 and therefore not part of the week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom