UConn-Villanova postgame video | The Boneyard

UConn-Villanova postgame video

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Please notice that Dorka drop stepped both left and right, depending on where she felt the pressure.
Dorka can get that shot against most players all day. If Jana can adjust the way I think she will, SHE should get those all day as well. She already has her footwork down pat. No need to change or up grade that. She just has to get use to playing against players BIGGER than her.

Practicing against Amari everyday should fix that. Something tells me we're going to see a lot of Jana, Ice and Amari in preseason games this coming winter. I expect Amari to improve. Jana and Ice should be as good as advertised.
UConn should have one of the top 3 teams in the country next year.

With who we have coming back from the disabled list, and who we have coming in as freshmen, It appears that every player on the roster should be able to contribute that first game in November. Since Geno will have two more
games to add on to the preseason schedule for next season, perhaps two teams ranked 75-100 would be in order to give our newbies (and Ice) an opportunity to play some extended minutes.

UConn will be talented from top to bottom next year. I know this will not set well with some of you, but with only 10 games left in the regular season, South Carolina is still undefeated, and is not showing any signs of wear. I can see them running the table the rest of the way.

They should have lost to Stanford, but Stanford let them off the hook in regulation and in overtime. UConn and Tennessee are the only games left on their schedule that they can lose. They host UT at home, and travel to us. If they beat us next Sunday, they won't lose the rest of the way. I'd bet YOUR house on that!!

Reaction Score
May be some questions about the front line next year, but a fully healthy UCONN will absolutely have THE best back court.

Reaction Score
Just following @Carnac ’s swerve but,

UConn and Tennessee are the only games left on their schedule that they can lose.

SC could also lose to LSU, who they could end up playing several times in the next two months.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Since Geno will have two more
games
to add on to the preseason schedule for next season, perhaps two teams ranked 75-100 would be in order to give our newbies (and Ice) an opportunity to play some extended minutes.

UConn will be talented from top to bottom next year. I know this will not set well with some of you, but with only 10 games left in the regular season, South Carolina is still undefeated, and is not showing any signs of wear. I can see them running the table the rest of the way.
I'd love it if one of those games was in mid to late February. It's great to play SCar each year, but it's still a long time before playing a really strong team again. (no disrespect to the BE intended).

I can easily see them running the table to the NC. Right now they look like an all-time great team.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'd love it if one of those games was in mid to late February. It's great to play SCar each year, but it's still a long time before playing a really strong team again. (no disrespect to the BE intended).

I can easily see them running the table to the NC. Right now they look like an all-time great team.
There are plenty of other top-ten teams that Geno could schedule in February if they would agree to a February date. It doesn’t have to be Tennessee or SC. He can rotate the programs he plays and the order he plays them. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Gus you know Carnac does not like to look ahead during the season, but I think Geno may have the best and deepest team he’s had since he brought in the big 3 (Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck).
Remember them? They won 4 NCs :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
UConn will be one of the top 3 teams in the country. I have no idea who the other two will be. We’ll figure that out over the summer, and we usually get it right.

On paper, we look unbeatable. But games are not played on paper. SC loses 4/5 of their starters to graduation this year. I don’t expect them to see a #1 ranking at anytime next year. LSU should be in the top 5 in next year’s preseason poll. Stanford, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Texas and Iowa could also, be there. Duke might even make a surprising appearance.

We don’t know who will be transferring over the summer. We don’t know who will win the portal parade. I expect SC to get their share of unhappy players wanting to transfer.

All I’m suggesting is that UConn should be a preseason top-three team. I’ll be able to be more definitive in August. It’s too early to say they should be #1, so I’ll leave it there. BTW, I do like your analysis and your forecast for next year’s team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn will be one of the top 3 teams in the country. I have no idea who the other two will be. We’ll figure that out over the summer, and we usually get it right.

On paper, we look unbeatable. But games are not played on paper. SC loses 4/5 of their starters to graduation this year. I don’t expect them to see a #1 ranking at anytime next year. LSU should be in the top 5 in next year’s preseason poll. Stanford, Notre Dame, Ohio St, Texas and Iowa could also, be there. Duke might even make a surprising appearance.

We don’t know who will be transferring over the summer. We don’t know who will win the portal parade. I expect SC to get their share of unhappy players wanting to transfer.

All I’m suggesting is that UConn should be a preseason top-three team. I’ll be able to be more definitive in August. It’s too early to say they should be #1, so I’ll leave it there. BTW, I do like your analysis and your forecast for next year’s team.
If we get everyone back from injury we will be formidable — but this is hardly a given. I doubt we’ll lose anyone to the portal over the summer. But there’s really nothing to know here until September.

Carnac

Reaction Score

And I’m NOT seeing or forecasting any injuries next year. I really think next year is our year to finally get #12.

Carnac

Reaction Score
O
If we get everyone back from injury we will be formidable — but this is hardly a given. I doubt we’ll lose anyone to the portal over the summer. But there’s really nothing to know here until September.
One thing I do know.......nobody will be complaining about our lack of size or our lack of post players. ;)

Reaction Score
There are plenty of other top-ten teams that Geno could schedule in February if they would agree to a February date. It doesn’t have to be Tennessee or SC. He can rotate the programs he plays and the order he plays them. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
There actually aren't. Geno addressed this before the Tennessee game in response to a question about why he agreed to resume the series, and one of the reasons given was that there just aren't a lot of programs willing to play UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Gus you know Carnac does not like to look ahead during the season, but I think Geno may have the best and deepest team he’s had since he brought in the big 3 (Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck).
Remember them? They won 4 NCs :cool:
Yes, but ESPN doesn’t want a friendly UConn-Louisville game, or similar, in February. It wants hype with fans screaming invectives at each other and arenas filled fans with booing the visiting team. It’s great theater. Geno resisted the circus as long as he could then ESPN made charity a part of the package and he couldn’t turn it down.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Yes, but ESPN doesn’t want a friendly UConn-Louisville game, or similar, in February. It wants hype with fans screaming invectives at each other and arenas filled fans with booing the visiting team. It’s great theater. Geno resisted the circus as long as he could then ESPN made charity a part of the package and he couldn’t turn it down.
Well............given this scenario, it appears that (as usual) money talks and has won out. As UConn fans, like it or not, we'll have to take what comes. ESPN sells sports. This series is still appealing to some fans across the country because it has a history. To ESPN...if it makes dollars, it makes sense.

I think this comes under the "serenity prayer"........ to ask for the serenity to accept the things you can't change, the courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference. So be it. :)

I remember an interview Geno did years ago (2011-2013) and that subject was brought up. He said he was not in favor of resuming the series. You would think Geno would have the final say on his preseason schedule. It appears ESPN went over his head to get what they wanted. During a presser shortly after the news broke about the series being resumed, Geno was asked what were his thoughts on the series resuming.....he paused for about 10-15 seconds before answering. He was politically correct in his answer, but you could tell his heart was not in it.

ESPN will certainly get their wish with respect to the "invectives." No doubt Geno was read his "rights" and was shown a few other snippets of southern hospitality while the team was in town. :confused: I'll bet there were "Wanted" posters (for Geno) all over Knoxville in the days leading up to their arrival.

Geno Auriemma......the man "old guard" Tennessee WBB fans love to hate. Even though Pat Summitt is gone, she is still revered and respected. They still back Pat, and they have long memories. :mad: You know he had to be glad to get THAT game (road trip) behind them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom