UConn v. UNH (Friday 1/1/20 @ Whitmore 4p on NESN & Saturday 1/2/20 @ 4p @ Freitas on CollegeSportsLive.com) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v. UNH (Friday 1/1/20 @ Whitmore 4p on NESN & Saturday 1/2/20 @ 4p @ Freitas on CollegeSportsLive.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amazing how hockey refs ALWAYS make sure at the end of the game the two teams have roughly the same PP opportunities. UConn gets the first 3, scores on the 3rd, and wouldn't you know it, UNH gets the next 4.

Like Don Cherry used to say, just start the game with 5 power plays on each side and then let the kids play some hockey for godsakes.

And stop sagging on the PK with the forwards. Attack the points. I mean I understand if you're playing a team with elite players at the point, but UNH? You just let them setup how they want and then make it that much harder for the goalie to see anything as you are packing everything in....Never understood it. And you're basically putting your forwards in position to get hurt because you are making them sitting targets for slapshots.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Final stats from a tough loss.
B69411A6-0453-4EE9-B850-DE0591334781.jpeg

Reaction Score
Lose or win, 3 on 3 is rinky dink hockey. As bad (maybe worse) as starting the 10th inning in baseball with a man on second base.

Then again, I'm old school. Hate the Designated Hitter, Dunk-a-Thon basketball, and football on a carpet.

Reaction Score
Amazing how hockey refs ALWAYS make sure at the end of the game the two teams have roughly the same PP opportunities. UConn gets the first 3, scores on the 3rd, and wouldn't you know it, UNH gets the next 4.

Like Don Cherry used to say, just start the game with 5 power plays on each side and then let the kids play some hockey for godsakes.

And stop sagging on the PK with the forwards. Attack the points. I mean I understand if you're playing a team with elite players at the point, but UNH? You just let them setup how they want and then make it that much harder for the goalie to see anything as you are packing everything in....Never understood it. And you're basically putting your forwards in position to get hurt because you are making them sitting targets for slapshots.
Do NOT blame the refs. Commit a penalty, earn a penalty. Jonny, I love you, but two undisciplined penalties today.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Do NOT blame the refs. Commit a penalty, earn a penalty. Jonny, I love you, but two undisciplined penalties today.
Two very bad penalties...he has to be smarter than that.

Reaction Score

-> UConn is scheduled to play UMass on Thursday and Saturday this upcoming week but that will likely be rescheduled since the two teams have already played each other three times this season. <-

Reaction Score

-> UConn is scheduled to play UMass on Thursday and Saturday this upcoming week but that will likely be rescheduled since the two teams have already played each other three times this season. <-

Thank god.

Reaction Score
It's possible they called the last 40 minutes of the game straight up but the pattern of calls is tiring and predictable. Hard to tell as well with no replays to speak of but it is what it is.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It's possible they called the last 40 minutes of the game straight up but the pattern of calls is tiring and predictable. Hard to tell as well with no replays to speak of but it is what it is.
Well, it sure looked like both of Jonnys penalties were well deserved.

Reaction Score

I get enraged every game with this. If the other team had Jack Eichel out there it’s one thing. Or if we are talking 6 years ago when we were not as good clearly but we now have closed the gap and the sagging Pk has to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom