UConn v. UMass-Lowell RiverHawks (Friday 10/27/23 @7:15p @Tsongas Center & Saturday 10/28/23 @4p @XL Center). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. UMass-Lowell RiverHawks (Friday 10/27/23 @7:15p @Tsongas Center & Saturday 10/28/23 @4p @XL Center). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lastly, I’m upset with the UConn Athletics marketing team. Because Tuscano is so small and is essentially sold out for every game - lest they release 50-100 the day of - for the few XL games played they should concentrate and over market them, especially to youth hockey teams and give them a package deal. The crowd size yesterday was pathetic and worse than the WolfPack. Gone are the novelty days of 5-6K rocking the place. Now there’s just a smattering of fans about the arena and it shouldn’t be that way.
My wife and I were just talking about this problem - before COVID, they actually put an effort in. We had an in-game host on the mic between periods, there were giveaways, they were clearly marketing, etc. None of that was around last year, but I figured they were on hold for Toscano but so far there's nothing. I wonder if there was somebody super into hockey in the department who put the effort in and now they're gone?

Reaction Score
I Agee on the speed. We are just slow. Goalies are good. But there is not a scorer on the team. I kind of wonder if Wood really should have spent a year in juniors. He is big and talented but he isn’t that fast and he doesn’t seem to know the game.
Umm.. he did spend a year in junior. The BCHL where he led the league in scoring as a 16 year old.. Then proceeded to lead the Huskies in scoring as a 17 year old. While I will agree he's started off slowly on the scoring front, as the whole team has, to say he should have spent a year in junior is the wrong argument to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom