UConn v. UMass (2/22/18 @7p -ESPN3) Regular Season Finale | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. UMass (2/22/18 @7p -ESPN3) Regular Season Finale

Reaction Score
Umass outworked the Huskies for most of the game, and can we finally put Creel to the bench? He gave up 2 weak goals tonight. on a night Uconn struggled to put shots in the net. The ride is over. Time to get Huska back in goal.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I cant see placing much blame on the final minute performance, UConn played hockey for the first 9 minutes of the game - period
Creel let in 2 easy goals that normally he would have stopped
UConn did nothing in the crease and got beaten constantly by effective forechecking and to be frank, the puck didn't bounce their way
All 3 UMass goals were weak
I couldn't see the 3rd goal and action in front of the net because I am in section 114 but on the replay it looked like a lot of interference by UMass on Creel but the UMass guy should never had been able to tee the puck up.
The final 3/4 of the game - UMass wanted it more
Sad

Reaction Score
Masonius also passwd up a couple of chances to put the puck on the net in the last 5-10 seconds
That has been a common theme among the D men all season. Pass up a open shooting lane for the pass back across..they seem to looking for that tic-tac-toe one timer.....I don’t understand it either with the technology they have in the sticks they use...shooting lane open..wind up and blast away keeping puck Low for deflections in front.

Reaction Score
UMass was all over us defensively. Once they took a 2-1 lead after a couple of weak-ish goals I don’t think they even cared about putting a shot on net.
Creel did a hell of a job over the past month or so and has a huge part in the good seed we will get but the last two games showed some cracks.
Time to put the big boy back in net- provided he’s healthy
Us fans and the team owe a lot to Creel for this run. One thing that keeps sticking in my head is are they a better team when Creel is in net? Do they play better? If so he stays and hope the weak goals are minimal. I do believe the right move is to play Huska.

I have wait for a home ice playoff series since 2016. We have it and I'm on vacation and can't go. Figures.

Reaction Score
This letting teams back in is becoming a very bad habit. They did it multiple times vs BU then again tonight. That is just a case of losing focus after scoring. You score a goal you need to get back in there and play not celebrate. Jeez! I thought they were supposed to be working on that in practice last week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom