Men - UConn v. Seton Hall @ Elliot Ballpark (Thurs. 5/20/21@6p, Fri. 5/2121 Senior Day Dblhdr @12p & Sat. 5/22/21@1p) All games on Husky All-Access/Mixlr | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Men UConn v. Seton Hall @ Elliot Ballpark (Thurs. 5/20/21@6p, Fri. 5/2121 Senior Day Dblhdr @12p & Sat. 5/22/21@1p) All games on Husky All-Access/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Top 9th, Wurster gets the final out. Wurster gets the save, UConn gets the 10-2 win, and sweeps the Seton Hall series, and is on top of the Big East standings to end the regular season!! It's been a crazy season with everything that has happened, but also an amazing one.

Reaction Score
Pikers! After averaging 11 runs per game over the last six, they only get 10 today. Fire the hitting coach! KFed with 2/3 today, finishes the regular season at .402.

Reaction Score
Was there behind home-plate all day yesterday. Beautifully dominant finale for UConn. What a season, what a team. Knew this was our moment and took it for all it was worth. So proud of our boys and glad I got to finally meet and congratulate some of them yesterday - even got to meet legendary old Coach Baylock! What a moment...

As an aside, seeing tons of salty Creighton fans already springing up haha. Insisting our title isn't "legit" due to the games we couldn't play against them because of COVID haha. Bet they wouldn't have the same complaints if things turned out differently today and they had taken the crown without playing the Huskies. Let the salt continue to flow, the Huskies' Baseball is ontop!

Reaction Score
Was there behind home-plate all day yesterday. Beautifully dominant finale for UConn. What a season, what a team. Knew this was our moment and took it for all it was worth. So proud of our boys and glad I got to finally meet and congratulate some of them yesterday - even got to meet legendary old Coach Baylock! What a moment...

As an aside, seeing tons of salty Creighton fans already springing up haha. Insisting our title isn't "legit" due to the games we couldn't play against them because of COVID haha. Bet they wouldn't have the same complaints if things turned out differently today and they had taken the crown without playing the Huskies. Let the salt continue to flow, the Huskies' Baseball is ontop!
Theyve proven in less than a year in the conference to be an annoying fan base

Reaction Score
Top 9th, Wurster gets the final out. Wurster gets the save, UConn gets the 10-2 win, and sweeps the Seton Hall series, and is on top of the Big East standings to end the regular season!! It's been a crazy season with everything that has happened, but also an amazing one.
Great energy at Elliot Ballpark today. Great day for baseball!! As many have said, so proud of this group!! It’s been a great year but gotta keep it rolling and get the actual championship!!! Rollskies

Reaction Score
Yeah, see tons of salty Creighton fans dogpiling on every tweet from UConnBSB, kinda pathetic really.

(Though speaking of pathetic, at yesterday's game, there were some utterly obnoxious hecklers from our side. At least it was directed at Seton Hall who obviously weren't playing great, but it was just relentless and pretty toxic. Really degrading and personally dragging down Seton Hall. With how close we were to the dugout, can't help but wonder if that played a role - one of the guys who was honestly the least vocal of them got kicked out, and seemed the rest were on the cusp of getting the boot. IMO They really should've. Imagine getting your kicks from going to College Baseball games as a 30-40 something and ruthlessly mocking and heckling, that's pretty pathetic if you ask me.)

Reaction Score

UConn did play the fewest conference games of any Big East team, 17 games. The funny thing is, UConn is tied with Seton Hall for playing the second most regular season games among all the Big East games, both having played 46 (Xavier played 49 games). Creighton played 36 regular season games, they are tied with Butler for the fifth most total games played in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Also have the best overall record out of the Big East Conference as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Reaction Score

-> “We earned that championship,” coach Jim Penders said. “It’s a very satisfying one. These kids are special. It’s a special group. When we were four and whatever, I was saying that. They just never quit. They just keep bouncing back. We’ve played great at Elliot Ballpark. I think we christened this place the right way this season. It’s just so much fun having a fan base behind you. UConn Nation turned out this weekend in full force."

Penders says the program’s first Big East regular season title since 2011 belongs to more than just the team. “Seeing Doug Elliot up there in his chair is just so satisfying knowing what he and (his wife) Sheila did and continue to do for our program and so many people here today enjoying that. I’m the temporary caretaker. We get a lot of help, so days like these don’t belong to one person. They belong to all of UConn and UConn Nation and UConn athletics and UConn baseball together.” <-

-> Fedko’s blast in the eighth not only capped off the scoring but also pushed his season average over .400 for the season. He went 2-for-3 overall to raise his average to .402.

“Before I went up to the plate, my brother (Christian) came up to me, he was like, 'I’ve got some information for you. You may or may not want to hear it.’ Just tell me. He was like, 'You’re batting .399. You should probably get a hit next at-bat.’ … It was funny. The first kid I looked for (after the home run) was my brother. He was giving me the four.” <-

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This team ended on an unbelievable high - again
So much for the naysayers during the St Johns series - all that talk about chocking, etc
You could see about a month ago that the team was picking up some new moxie
No matter the NBE tourney outcome - this team deserved NCAA Tournament participation
Definitely the strongest team in Eastern USA
SALUTE and a HUGE THUMBS up to Coach Penders and his Huskies

Reaction Score
This team ended on an unbelievable high - again
So much for the naysayers during the St Johns series - all that talk about chocking, etc
You could see about a month ago that the team was picking up some new moxie
No matter the NBE tourney outcome - this team deserved NCAA Tournament participation
Definitely the strongest team in Eastern USA
SALUTE and a HUGE THUMBS up to Coach Penders and his Huskies
I think you are totally missing the criticism. I, and many others, never doubted the talent on the team. No one thought we didn’t have enough really good players to be really good. We thought that but for bad mistakes we had the talent to be better than 4-10 through the start of our schedule, and we thought we should have been beating the crap out of the Big East and eastern competition we then moved on to. Finishing the season the way we did confirmed that this team, as a team, hadn’t been playing up to its potential.

Let’s hope they cut through the Big East tournament like a hot knife through butter, and then show what they have in a regional. As far as I’m concerned, they have now shown what they had to show to get an at large bid if they don’t win next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom