UConn v. Quinnipiac (1/2/18 @ XL @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Quinnipiac (1/2/18 @ XL @ 7p on ESPN3)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I thought it was a flat effort and it extended to the crowd too. To much holiday partying I guess. Really poor flat performance.

Is it me or is Huska not quite living up to the hype? He is fine but seems very technical. No fire and never seems to steal one.
I found it very hard to get excited when the team clearly wasn’t. The blame for the crowd falls squarely on their shoulders. Give us something to cheer about. When you look like you don’t care, it’s hard for anyone else to care.

Reaction Score
When you look like you don’t care, it’s hard for anyone else to care.

I agree. Crowd was almost more into the game than the Players

That's on the captain and coaches.

Read this article, and tell me why Pratt is the captain and not Johnny Austin??

Hockey Rookies Finding their Way On and Off the Ice

I would quote article, but busy and on my phone.

Austin has been a great mentor to incoming freshman especially Adam Karashik. (He is missed on D)

Pratt is also Senior Defenseman

If he was such a great captain, he would be mentioned and featured in article, not Austin.

Reaction Score
I found it very hard to get excited when the team clearly wasn’t. The blame for the crowd falls squarely on their shoulders. Give us something to cheer about. When you look like you don’t care, it’s hard for anyone else to care.
I wasn’t implying it was the crowds fault. I thought the team was flat and that carried over.

Reaction Score
Gotta get to some games. I have just been totally preoccupied elsewhere. But if this is not a blue collar team that hits, bumps, and grinds in the corners, goes to the net and takes abuse, I don't think I will like what I see. UConn will never be able to recruit enough skill players competing in HE to be able to abandon a blue collar style. Just like the old days when it was a given that if UConn didn't hit, they wouldn't win.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Did anyone go to this? Do they toss you from the bar and back into the arena when the game starts?
I glanced up when the game started and there were a lot of folks still up there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I glanced up when the game started and there were a lot of folks still up there.

So welcome to stay in the bar and pay rack after the game starts. Interesting.

Wonder if they will realize they can do the same thing with the ‘secret bar’ in the 200s.

Reaction Score
Did anyone go to this? Do they toss you from the bar and back into the arena when the game starts?

I did. Place was pretty full. Never had been up there before. I always thought it was for sky box($$$) people only

Hard to get a seat to eat and if you weren't sitting at the bar, good luck getting a beer. A good amount just hovering around bar and no luck.

Only 2 people behind the bar and constantly people wanting 2-4-6-8 beers.

Only had bud light/coors light for $2 deal.

I would go up there again. Might curtail the surrounding bar sales before the game

Hopefully they staff it better. 1st attempt and the bartenders were stressing hard to get to everyone.

You could stay and they weren't kicking people out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom