UConn v. Michigan State @ Fluor Field in Greenville S.C. (Fri. 3/15 @ 5p, Sat. 3/16 Dbl Header @ 1p & 5p and Sun. 3/17 @ 11a) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Michigan State @ Fluor Field in Greenville S.C. (Fri. 3/15 @ 5p, Sat. 3/16 Dbl Header @ 1p & 5p and Sun. 3/17 @ 11a)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Damn, thought C-Mo walked, the announcer next to Chris Jones faked me out.

6-1 going to the 9th. I would go Wallace, we shouldn't get cute.

Reaction Score
Wallace comes in to pitch the 9th. That's fine with me, Johnson has thrown enough this weekend. Nucerino takes over in right field.

Reaction Score
Karl Johnson and Caleb Wurster are the real deals. Definitely see Wurster based on what I saw yesterday being a weekend starter next year and our next big time lefty.

Don't know if Wurster will start next season, but he will have a big role somewhere. Jimmy Wang is a guy to watch out for as well. I'm guessing he is going to get some of the midweek starts that are coming up along with Colby Dunlop.

Reaction Score
6ACCE61E-9B2E-45A2-8191-BC20D19DF5D0.jpeg

First four game sweep in UConn Baseball history.

Hook C outscored the Spartans 42-14 over the weekend.

Reaction Score
With what looks like our bullpen rounding into form... IF Polonia can come all the way back as well... added to our blossoming starting pitching (Haus and Wing both looked very good this weekend) and our offense AND depth (best combo pitching and bench we have seen here in a long time)... We are 11-6 without playing a home game yet, against a very tough schedule and our All-American pitcher has yet to be anywhere near his usual top form.

Put all of that together and what have we got? Feels like this could be a very special year coming together for this team.

P.S. Taking that first series from Louisville is going to loom very large come Selection Sunday... either getting us in (although it would be disappointing if we are only a bubble team come late May), or maybe even - dare I say it - being a host that first weekend.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
With what looks like our bullpen rounding into form... IF Polonia can come all the way back as well... added to our blossoming starting pitching (Haus and Wing both looked very good this weekend) and our offense AND depth (best combo pitching and bench we have seen here in a long time)... We are 11-6 without playing a home game yet, against a very tough schedule and our All-American pitcher has yet to be anywhere near his usual top form.

Put all of that together and what have we got? Feels like this could be a very special year coming together for this team.

P.S. Taking that first series from Louisville is going to loom very large come Selection Sunday... either getting us in (although it would be disappointing if we are only a bubble team come late May), or maybe even - dare I say it - being a host that first weekend.
Speaking of potentially hosting, are the yard goats away that weekend?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom