UConn v. Merrimack (2/9/19 @ 5p @ XL on CW20) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Merrimack (2/9/19 @ 5p @ XL on CW20)

Reaction Score
I think Friday's game could draw a bigger crowd. Back to back wins (including one over NE) helps big time.
Maybe a BU ticket isn't a "hot ticket" but it certainly is a lot warmer than it was last week...

Reaction Score
You do know that you are basically telling members of this forum who were ACTUALLY at the game they are wrong on how many fans they saw there right.....
No, I am telling you what the XL Center and university announced as the crowd. What people saw are guesses and estimates. The bigger take away is that this team has struggled and either number is a darn good showing by the crowd which was rewarded with a darn good effort by the team.

Reaction Score
No, I am telling you what the XL Center and university announced as the crowd. What people saw are guesses and estimates. The bigger take away is that this team has struggled and either number is a darn good showing by the crowd which was rewarded with a darn good effort by the team.
I agree with you about the good showing and the good game...as far as crowd estimates..it took me about 5 minutes to get to 91 after the game from the lot I park in which I enter and leave on Pearl St across from Hartford FD HQ. The night of the BC game it took me almost 15 minutes alone to get from Ann Uccello St to Trumbull St alone never mind getting from Trumbull st through the circle to Whitehead Hwy. There were also a LOT of open seats in the lower bowl Saturday...not a vacant seat was to be had against BC.

Reaction Score
Announced attendance includes all tickets that were distributed for the game. This was a "free" ticket game for University Faculty/Staff. Each faculty/staff member could get up to 4 tickets each. I know many that picked up the max of 4 & either didn't use them all or used none of them.

Reaction Score
Why did UConn choose that game as the one to push for a sellout? There's weekend home games left against BU and UMass, both higher profile recognizable names than the most unrecognizable Hockey East program in Merrimack.

Because it was a TV game on CW20; wanted the joint to be packed for good show on TV. They expect both BU & UMass to be able to draw on their own.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I asked my wife if she wanted to drive up to CT and see the game me this weekend. She asked my how the team was doing and I said not great but, just like last year, I feel like they are about to break out. She passed, and I, didn't trust my gut and go to the game. Kind of annoyed with myself.

Reaction Score
Nice to see he is a good teammate and keeps working hard. He really needs to focus on not becoming unfocused during games with some of the weak stuff. That's what got him pulled vs BC

I would assume vomacka starts Friday and if he struggles you'll see Huska on Saturday. Always have to ride the hot goalie though when you're desperate which we are...in other words hopefully we don't see much of Huska the rest of the way

Reaction Score
I was at game. I think the crowd was less than 8211, however there was probably 7500 there. They opened up curtains that they did not for the BC game. There were fans, although not packed in those areas. Guessing those were the free tickets.

Regardless a good showing for a team that was struggling. I always show up no matter what, but a sweep this weekend could make things interesting down the stretch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom