UConn v. Merrimack (2/9/19 @ 5p @ XL on CW20) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Merrimack (2/9/19 @ 5p @ XL on CW20)

Reaction Score
Scratch that.... it’s been awhile .

Great win

Last shut out @ home 2/27/15 vs UMass

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Me and you were probably the 1st and only to see thru Huska for who he really is as a goaltender.

Kid, ain’t that good

I'm kind of a Huska fan. But I have to admit that they have done better recently, and I feel bad writing that. He does seem to let in a soft goal (or two) each game ... negating a lot of nice saves. I hope he gets it together.

Meanwhile: Who were those young men on the ice and where did they get the UConn shirts?

Reaction Score
Me and you were probably the 1st and only to see thru Huska for who he really is as a goaltender.

Kid, ain’t that good
Seeing Huska in goal his freshman year, I thought he was really good.His Sophomore year, he played hot and cold. This year, he has let in some really soft goals. A big disappointment from what I've witnessed.

Reaction Score
Let’s hope so - the kids are certainly capable and they are starting to play like it.
Cavanaugh did not lose the team after a dreadful start to 2019. Let’s hope it holds for the rest of the year. Huge weekend coming up...

Comments re: goaltending are spot on - the freshman is the guy now! Although back to back next weekend would be tough.

Reaction Score
You guys dont think there were 7k there? I'm gonna disagree. worst case something like 6800. Plus the bar was jam packed everytime I went down to grab a drink

Reaction Score
You guys dont think there were 7k there? I'm gonna disagree. worst case something like 6800. Plus the bar was jam packed everytime I went down to grab a drink

I guess 1211 unused tickets is a stretch, but it wasn’t the largest crowd yet

That game is still the actual 8,089 or whatever it was that showed up for the 1st HE home game vs BC.

Reaction Score
I guess 1211 unused tickets is a stretch, but it wasn’t the largest crowd yet

That game is still the actual 8,089 or whatever it was that showed up for the 1st HE home game vs BC.
@ct06111 is dead on about the BC game having a bigger crowd than yesterday. It was still a good showing though.

Reaction Score
Let’s hope so - the kids are certainly capable and they are starting to play like it.
Cavanaugh did not lose the team after a dreadful start to 2019. Let’s hope it holds for the rest of the year. Huge weekend coming up...

Comments re: goaltending are spot on - the freshman is the guy now! Although back to back next weekend would be tough.
If Huska doesn't play much more he will turn pro and leave ASAP and end up being placed by the Rangers either with the Wolfpack or in the ECHL. I never really saw him coming back after this year anyway.

Reaction Score
The announced crowd was 8,211. Regardless of how you slice it, that is a great turn out for a team that has had it's fair share of trouble. And their response to the crowd was to play a wonderful game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh I dont disagree the BC turnout was larger and it is sacrilege to announce a larger crowd against merrimack. They should have just announced 7000 it's still a damn impressive crowd

Reaction Score
Vomacka for the first game, decision on the second game afterwards I would think although Cav could announce up front that they will alternate.

Reaction Score
Why did UConn choose that game as the one to push for a sellout? There's weekend home games left against BU and UMass, both higher profile recognizable names than the most unrecognizable Hockey East program in Merrimack.

Reaction Score
Why did UConn choose that game as the one to push for a sellout? There's weekend home games left against BU and UMass, both higher profile recognizable names than the most unrecognizable Hockey East program in Merrimack.

Merrimack was the last Saturday home game on the schedule.

Reaction Score
The announced crowd was 8,211. Regardless of how you slice it, that is a great turn out for a team that has had it's fair share of trouble. And their response to the crowd was to play a wonderful game.
You do know that you are basically telling members of this forum who were ACTUALLY at the game they are wrong on how many fans they saw there right.....

Reaction Score
You do know that you are basically telling members of this forum who were ACTUALLY at the game they are wrong on how many fans they saw there right.....
I didn't take his post that way. Pal was being complimentary I think.

Reaction Score
Drawing 6500-7000 actual fans to a game involving the two bottom teams in the conference is a hell of an accomplishment by the fanbase
Theres a lot to look forward to next year if the kids finish the regular season strong.
And I love to see ishikov *spell check * shooting more.
His vision and passing are as good as anyone we've ever had. I think he only thought of himself as a passer until the last few games

Reaction Score
If Huska doesn't play much more he will turn pro and leave ASAP and end up being placed by the Rangers either with the Wolfpack or in the ECHL. I never really saw him coming back after this year anyway.
Not sure losing the goalie with the worst save percentage in the league is that big a deal. I’ve never really been impressed. Frankly I didn’t get why he basically replaced Nichols as a freshman. But I doubt he leaves for the ECHL honestly. The Rangers will make the call in any case.

Reaction Score
And I love to see ishikov *spell check * shooting more.
Guessing that the proper spelling is Руслан Исхаков. ;) But to be perfectly correct, you need his middle name or ochestva (patronymic). That I do not know. I think it is derived from the father's name and means something like "son of ...."

I go to Russia once or twice a year and I know where to find Google Translate. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom