UConn v MD - Game Thread! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn v MD - Game Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
He wasn't going to take not getting T'd up.

True.

If he gets a 2nd is that an automatic ejection? I'm thinking yes but haven't seen it happen in a long time

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Don't know about the games I don't see, but the mugging of Faris (a clean hoops play, but still a foul a rec league ref knows has to be called) and the non-call of Griner's 2nd throw-down of Dolson shows how pathetic women's reffing is. Although a lot of men's reffing isn't all that great either.

Reaction Score
So cool to see the former UConn players who are tweeting as they watch--Tina, Jessica Moore, Sveta.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Kara Lawson just went IN on the refs, don't think I've ever seen that during a half time before. That was an amazing technical.. I wish he would have ran all the way to the ref in the back court lol

Reaction Score
True.

If he gets a 2nd is that an automatic ejection? I'm thinking yes but haven't seen it happen in a long time

Two techs is an automatic ejection. I don't think the play itself was malicious it was a shot block attempt and it WAS a foul. The issue is with the ref, I don't think we need a bam bam player to go out and try to get "revenge" because the play itself was just a contested layup foul that any non blind ref could see.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Is Morgan wearing a heavier brace? Perhaps she's not right either? Would explain her slight minutes.

Reaction Score
So, here is what I predict will happen. In the second half, the refs will start calling "breathing" fouls. Overcompensation will take any semblence of offensive flow out of both teams.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Two techs is an automatic ejection. I don't think the play itself was malicious it was a shot block attempt and it WAS a foul. The issue is with the ref, I don't think we need a bam bam player to go out and try to get "revenge" because the play itself was just a contested layup foul that any non blind ref could see.
I don't think anyone is saying it was malicious. It WAS, however, a blatant foul that involved enough full body contact that it bounced Kelly out of bounds.

Reaction Score
Don't know about the games I don't see, but the mugging of Faris (a clean hoops play, but still a foul a rec league ref knows has to be called) and the non-call of Griner's 2nd throw-down of Dolson shows how pathetic women's reffing is.
The players will hack and mug and throw down until the refs stop it.

Reaction Score
Is there a ref supervisor at the games? I sure hope so - that was outrageous.

I am 100% sure there is a ref supervisor. They get graded every game. 0% chance this crew does another game

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Just got to my computer after watching the first half in a restaurant. WOW, are they going to call ANY fouls in this game? Maybe we would have been better off with NO refs. The WORST job by a crew I've seen all year. Let's see if they decide to earn their pay in the second half. Hopefully not at our expense! Good T by Geno.

Reaction Score
So, here is what I predict will happen. In the second half, the refs will start calling "breathing" fouls. Overcompensation will take any semblence of offensive flow out of both teams.

That will just be a complete admission of incompetence...I really don't see the need for it at this point...

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is saying it was malicious. It WAS, however, a blatant foul that involved full body contact and bounced Kelly out of bounds.
I agree ice, not flagrant, but a foul (at any level of basketball). Refs will call a much tighter game in 2nd half like chappette said. On a side note CD needs to stop wearing heels on the sidelines, Geno is going to knock her on her backside one of these times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I am 100% sure there is a ref supervisor. They get graded every game. 0% chance this crew does another game

How do we know they weren't under instructions to let 'em play a little bit? Were there any other heinous non-calls?

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
T\
That was one call. Are the;y missing others?
They haven't missed any as blatant as that, but the fact that MD is a very physical team and only had one foul called on them with two or three minutes left is a joke.

And that non-call is bad enough that they shouldn't get any more assignments, IMO.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
T\
They haven't missed any as blatant as that, but the fact that MD is a very physical team and only had one foul called on them with two or three minutes left is a joke.

Not good enough. Give an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc