Uconn v. Lowell | The Boneyard

Uconn v. Lowell

Reaction Score
So who you got? I don't know much about Lowell other than I think its in Mass. They have a good coach I'm told. Can anyone provide info about them? Do they have height for instance. Anyway I'm picking Uconn--119 to 22...

Reaction Score
So who you got? I don't know much about Lowell other than I think its in Mass. They have a good coach I'm told. Can anyone provide info about them? Do they have height for instance. Anyway I'm picking Uconn--119 to 22...

I doubt Geno would run up the score that much..........I believe they lost to BC by like 50 points so I think UConn has a decent shot to win this one..........;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not a lot of height on UMass. 1 starter and 1 key reserve right around 6’. They also have a 6’3” freshman who played only 8 mop-up minutes vs BC and did not score. As I stated in another thread, this game will be similar to a UConn preseason game. It won’t be close and everyone will get some PT.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They have a little height. One player at 6-3 and a couple at 6-1. Although the 6-3 player is a FR, so I wouldn't expect a lot from her.

They lost to BC 88-38. I doubt the game with UCONN will that close.

Sorry @oldude , I'm a little slow today.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Yup, Lowell is in MA, thus the school's name: University of Massachusetts Lowell but commonly referred to as UMass Lowell. That's all I got.

Reaction Score
This will not be pretty. In past years, UConn rarely had more than 7-8 players with the ability to dominate. This year, we have 10+ with strong skills and an exceptional energy level and desire to show what they can do. Since UConn's second team could probably put up a 90-30 score, curious how Geno will keep score down.

Reaction Score
Given 2020, I wouldn’t be that surprised if UMass Lowell pulled off a monumental upset. However, there’s a 99.999% chance that UConn will be UConn and will have no trouble after the first 30 seconds of the game.
UConn 97 - UMass Lowell 34

Reaction Score
Good opportunity for our bench to see some minutes, and us to see them play

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Watched first quarter of BC game. Commentators were extolling Shea's hubby for 11 conf victories (American East) last year as a recent Div I entrant. One of them went overboard an called them an NCAA tourney contender. Said the coach emphasizes defense and hustle. Turnovers galore in the BC game early.

If their players take it the right way the game can be valuable for their season. Tom Garrick, their coach, will be key in that.

Reaction Score
OK. Everyone's assuming that our whole squad will get to play. I think so, too. Question is: how long should the group Geno starts with get to be out there? Establishing chemistry is, IMO, more important than giving everyone a touch. Let the alleged "regulars" go at least half the game?
Also, what will the starting group tell us? Will Evina be healthy enough to count on from the get go? How much time will Paige need to run the offense smoothly? What can Edwards accomplish inside with Liv? I'm assuming that Christyn will run out most times and shoot from outside in set plays.
Obviously, the score's not the thing here; getting ready is.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
OK. Everyone's assuming that our whole squad will get to play. I think so, too. Question is: how long should the group Geno starts with get to be out there? Establishing chemistry is, IMO, more important than giving everyone a touch. Let the alleged "regulars" go at least half the game?
Also, what will the starting group tell us? Will Evina be healthy enough to count on from the get go? How much time will Paige need to run the offense smoothly? What can Edwards accomplish inside with Liv? I'm assuming that Christyn will run out most times and shoot from outside in set plays.
Obviously, the score's not the thing here; getting ready is.
I doubt Geno would run up the score that much..........I believe they lost to BC by like 50 points so I think UConn has a decent shot to win this one..........;)

Shea’s husband did UConn a favor by scheduling this game. You don’t thank them by running up the score. UM-L is not at UConn‘s competitive level. I believe Geno will be looking at how players play and mesh with other players and establish some chemistry. The final score is of least concern. UConn needs to catch up with other conference foes, some of whom (Villanova) have already played 6 games.

This will be our first chance to see everyone in uniform and play as a collective unit at the college level. I’ll be looking at who appears ready to play (knows some/all the plays, and those that don’t). I want to see for myself some of Aaliyah’s toughness we’ve been hearing about. I’m dying to see how ONO looks. She should dominate this low mid-major team. I want to see Christyn, Evina and Aubrey. All 3 should be able to do whatever they want to (run amuck). That’s the disparity in the talent/skill level between the two teams.

UMass-Lowell opened its season last Sunday with a 50 point loss (88-38) at Boston College. UConn would blow the doors off of BC if they were to play. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11th player on the bench will not come out of the game in the second half, and will not be able to slow themselves down [we always go this speed: "ALL Ahead Flank!"].

Same score as my submarine crew versus the French Subase ALL-STARS: UCONN (like us) 109 to UMASS-Lowell (like France) 16.....

Reaction Score
UMass Lowell HC is Shea husband
Shea, her father and her daughter.
1607452256499.png

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I hope the game is played. I saw on the news that Massachusetts virus infections is one of the highest in the country. I know the game is a home game for UConn.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Shea’s husband did UConn a favor by scheduling this game. You don’t thank them by running up the score. UM-L is not at UConn‘s competitive level. I believe Geno will be looking at how players play and mesh with other players establish some chemistry. The final score is of least concern. UConn needs to catch up with other conference foes, some of whom have already played 6 games.

This will be our first chance to see everyone in uniform and play as a collective unit at the college level. I’ll be looking at who appears ready to play (knows some/all the plays, and those that don’t). I want to see for myself some of Aaliyah’s toughness we’ve been hearing about. I’m dying to see how ONO looks. She should dominate this low mid-major team. I want to see Christyn, Evina and Aubrey. All 3 should be able to do whatever they want to.
WHAT???? No mention of Paige??? Blasphemy!!! :):eek::rolleyes:

(No offense, @Carnac my attempt at sarcasm on a slow Tuesday afternoon.)

Reaction Score
Should be a good game to work on some stuff for both programs. Like everyone has mentioned, gives coach Auriemma a chance to go deep with the bench, if everyone can play, and give some playing time to others.

Reaction Score
I hope the game is played. I saw on the news that Massachusetts virus infections is one of the highest in the country. I know the game is a home game for UConn.

The UMass Lowell v. Northeastern game scheduled for Wednesday has been cancelled. Fortunately
for us, the problem is Covid issues at Northeastern not at UMass Lowell.

Reaction Score
I hate, hate, hate that Uconn is playing this game. There is absolutely nothing good that can come from it and everything bad. The possibility of injuries, the "wink, wink, nod, nod" from other teams, the fact that we could pick any five players on Uconn to play against the other five and it would be more competitive and give everyone more of a workout. A big win - "Well, look who they were playing against" A close game - "Well, maybe Uconn isn't as good as we thought they were." When I hear people say, "Well, for the rest of their life they can talk about "The time I played against Uconn.", my thought is "Well, if you're an athlete do you really want to brag about the time you got beat by sixty points".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom