UConn v. Indiana Game 1 Empire Classic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Indiana Game 1 Empire Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
People were whining about the schedule a few threads back lol….be happy for some cupcakes. They will be ready for the Big East one way or another.
I agree with that aspect of the schedule Mau but the home OOC schedule is the one that the people who complain about due to the escalating prices of the season tickets but worse is the per seat charges that have been taken to ridiculous levels. The quality of the games thus far nowhere matches the prices.

Reaction Score
This is going to be a great matchup. The scheduling powers-that-be finally seem intent on pairing us up with other blue bloods. Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga, and Indiana all in one season next year? That's almost as big-time as big-time can get.
Agree...when's the last time we have had this stacked of an out-of-conference schedule?? Super excited, even though it will be tough. What do people think we can do against this slate of Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga, Indiana, and Texas/Louisville? I'd be very happy if we emerged 4-1 against this group.

Reaction Score
Agree...when's the last time we have had this stacked of an out-of-conference schedule?? Super excited, even though it will be tough. What do people think we can do against this slate of Kansas, UNC, Gonzaga, Indiana, and Texas/Louisville? I'd be very happy if we emerged 4-1 against this group.
And the Big East gauntlet will be even tougher than these out of conference games.

Reaction Score
The "Geno philosophy" comes from the fact that most years there's no one in conference to give his team a game. Not the case in the Big East.
Even when he was in the best conference (by far), he still looked for top outside challenges.

Reaction Score
Tough schedule. As defending champs we’ll get everyone’s best shot. I don’t think we run the table in OOC again. But we’ll be the talk of CBB all season with these block busters

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Tough schedule. As defending champs we’ll get everyone’s best shot. I don’t think we run the table in OOC again. But we’ll be the talk of CBB all season with these block busters
Even not being defending champs, we’ve always gotten everyone’s best shot. Now we can handle it

Reaction Score
Instant analysis of Indiana:

I like them post Jackson-Davis: Xavier Johnson getting a waiver to return for a sixth season solidifies the backcourt while Trey Galloway grew into a great spacer last season.

Five-star freshman Mackenzie Mgbako reminds me a bit of Caleb Houstan, as he's a shooter with elite length but can also can help in a variety of ways. Malik Reneau gives me Karaban vibes as a sophomore PF who does all the little things well and has great IQ.

Instead of replacing Jackson-Davis with one person, the transfer haul of Kel'el Ware (remember him?), Anthony Walker (remember him?) and Ball State junior big Payton Sparks (13.3p, 8.7r, 1.9a, 0.9b, 58.8 FG%) allows Woodson to mix and match his frontcourt.

In summary, Indiana will be talented team with size, with most of their lineups featuring three 6'8+ players.

Should be a good one! I'll be going with @Letsgohuskies11 and my boss' husband is a HUGE Indiana fan (grew up in South Bend) and after living in St. Thomas for the last decade, he's pumped to catch Indiana locally (and not at the RAC).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Let's be the rebels of college basketball - schedule any one, any time, anywhere and destroy them all.

Reaction Score
Tough bunch of games. Let’s see how everyone reacts if they don’t go the way they want.

The pitchforks will be out. Be careful what ya wish for with a young team. It will have benifits come March.

Reaction Score
If we start this year like last year against this lineup of games, people are going to lose their minds. I'm here for it!

Reaction Score
Some great matchups to keep the guys sharp and bring along the young pups itching for PT.. I wonder if any 24/25 recruits are going to check any of these games out??

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Good overall schedule, lousy home OOC schedule. It is a major defect in the scheduling process that they consistently fail at in recent years. The schedulers need to consider that filter as ticket prices and seat donations escalate to partially close tbe budget gap.
Agreed it would have been nice to have 1 marquee home non-con game. I guess it’s still possible? Schedule hasn’t been released yet…
Fortunately, the conference schedule is a gauntlet, so plenty of good home games there.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Our schedule is great. I just wish we had IU or UNC at home. What is going to be our best non-conference home game? Also, are we hosting the Big 12/BE challenge next year, if it continues?

Reaction Score
Our schedule is great. I just wish we had IU or UNC at home. What is going to be our best non-conference home game?
We will be lucky if it's Buffalo or Delaware. Otherwise, looking at High Point / Northeastern territory (oof).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom