UConn v. Houston @ J.O.C (4/15 @3p, 4/16@1p, 4/17@Noon) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Houston @ J.O.C (4/15 @3p, 4/16@1p, 4/17@Noon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching the game today got me thinking about the upgrades to the field. Does anyone know what the latest on that is as far as field turf, lights, chair back seats? Is it still happening?

Reaction Score
Watching the game today got me thinking about the upgrades to the field. Does anyone know what the latest on that is as far as field turf, lights, chair back seats? Is it still happening?

Penders has said several times that he expects the field turf will be installed after the 2016 fall ball season, and will be ready for the 2017 season. In one of the recent Chris Jones interviews he stuck to this schedule, saying he has heard nothing from higher ups that would delay putting in the turf. The timing for all the other improvements is contingent on how well fund raising goes, and to my knowledge there is no current schedule for when the rest of the upgrades will happen.

Reaction Score
Penders has said several times that he expects the field turf will be installed after the 2016 fall ball season, and will be ready for the 2017 season. In one of the recent Chris Jones interviews he stuck to this schedule, saying he has heard nothing from higher ups that would delay putting in the turf. The timing for all the other improvements is contingent on how well fund raising goes, and to my knowledge there is no current schedule for when the rest of the upgrades will happen.
Thanks for the update.

Reaction Score
CgLQilTWcAEdscS.jpg

Reaction Score
Chris Jones just mentioned that in addition to Stefanski w/ injury issues - Keith Krueger is also limited to pinch running only due to broken hamate bone in hand/wrist.

UConnBaseball 1:14pm via Twitter Web Client
MID 1: Houston 1, #UConn 0
Cougars jump ahead, manufacturing a run on a single, sac bunt and two wild pitches. Sundberg-Yahn-Melley due up.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Liking the offense from the catcher position this weekend. McDowell would be proud.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
We have to be greedy and try to sweep them tomorrow. Their #3 isn't close to as good as their other two starters so hopefully we can hit the ball a little harder.

Reaction Score
Baseball Extends Win Streak to Five on Saturday
>>Freshman LHP Tim Cate (Manchester, Conn.) fired a career-best 7.0 innings of one run ball to propel the UConn baseball team over No. 30 Houston, 4-1, on Saturday afternoon at J.O. Christian Field. With the series-clinching victory, Connecticut moves to 18-15 and 4-3 in American Athletic Conference play, while Houston falls to 20-14 overall.<<

The two programs conclude the weekend series on Sunday, April 17 at 12 p.m.

Reaction Score
Excellent pitching performance from both Cate and Polonia today. Cate is emerging as a terrific pitcher and will be the ace of the staff next season. As for Polonia, from what I saw today he is really tough to hit when he is able to control his slider and is throwing strikes. Houston was having fits with him.

All of a sudden UConn baseball has a very nice five game winning streak. The pitching looks like it is really coming together. Houston has a very tough pitching staff, so it is good to see the UConn offense come up with the 7 runs it has gotten so far in this series.

Bullpen is certainly well rested for tomorrow's game, with probably Polonia the only one not likely to pitch tomorrow. Just hope Montgomerie can give 5 or 6 solid innings.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Excellent pitching performance from both Cate and Polonia today. Cate is emerging as a terrific pitcher and will be the ace of the staff next season. As for Polonia, from what I saw today he is really tough to hit when he is able to control his slider and is throwing strikes. Houston was having fits with him.

All of a sudden UConn baseball has a very nice five game winning streak. The pitching looks like it is really coming together. Houston has a very tough pitching staff, so it is good to see the UConn offense come up with the 7 runs it has gotten so far in this series.

Bullpen is certainly well rested for tomorrow's game, with probably Polonia the only one not likely to pitch tomorrow. Just hope Montgomerie can give 5 or 6 solid innings.

I hope that by 2018, Cate and Rossomando can turn into a tandem similar to what we all anticipated Kay-Zapata would be.

Reaction Score
I hope that by 2018, Cate and Rossomando can turn into a tandem similar to what we all anticipated Kay-Zapata would be.

Rossomando had a very encouraging midweek start on Tuesday, showing very good control and pitching with ease. I'm hoping it is a big time sign of things to come. And possibly, hopefully, your 2018 expectations for Cate and Rossomando may actually start to emerge in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom