UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Fri. 10/11/24 @Hart Center @7p & Sat. 10/12/24 @XL Center @3:30p) Friday is on FloSports/NESN+ & Saturday on ESPN+ | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Holy Cross Crusaders (Fri. 10/11/24 @Hart Center @7p & Sat. 10/12/24 @XL Center @3:30p) Friday is on FloSports/NESN+ & Saturday on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The good news is a gritty bounce back win. Bad news it was against Holy Cross.
HC was 20-14-4 last year. They’re gritty, especially when you have to play them early in the year and you‘re a team that has to find themselves from game to game. That said, we are 1-3 against them in the last four, but at least we have a one game winning streak right now. Go ‘Skies!

Reaction Score
Being 3-1 after 4 games is good. However, the penalties have to be cleaned up. There were 4 or 5 offensive zone penalties committed today. Especially the one with a couple seconds remaining in the 2nd period while on the power play. If this was next Friday BU would have punished them for that.

1-16 on the power play and how they finished 59th in the country last season is a cause for concern. Somehow have to get some production going.

Onto BU on Friday to see where UConn stacks up against a top 5 team

Reaction Score
A W is a W these days.
Agreed - Losing 4 in row to a team that eschewed an opportunity to join HE because of the investment cost would have been too ridiculous to tolerate...

Reaction Score
I watched part of the game in Worcester on NESN, and it appeared to be a late-arriving crowd. It looked pretty full by the second period. With Hartford (and Storrs) being less than an hour from Worcester, were Husky fans represented?

Reaction Score
In very limited viewing this team does seem more put together than last year. I think it is at best a middle of the road HEA team, but they scored 1 goal against Holy Cross last year. 8 against the same schedule. 1-2-1. At least so far I don’t get a feeling that if the other guys score 2 the game is over. And for what it’s worth, I like Muldowney. He is the type of player who helps you win games.

Reaction Score
Nothing about the small sample size of this season has changed my opinion of this team before the season started…I think their gonna surprise some people.

I think a lot more talent was coming back but the focus was on the losses. Again, I’m not a hockey guru, but obviously the NHL sees some talent on this roster. Muldowney n Richard more then passed the eye test last year imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom