UConn v. Hartford @ J.O.C. (3/26/19 @ 3p) | The Boneyard

UConn v. Hartford @ J.O.C. (3/26/19 @ 3p)

Reaction Score
I hope to get to the game on Wednesday in Storrs, if the field is playable. I haven't been to JOC field in a long time - could never make the 3 p.m. starts. Now that I took early retirement, I can go. Is parking available in the lot across from the field?? I haven't been by there due to the construction on that street. Thanks for your help!

Reaction Score
I got concerned when the tweet regarding tomorrow's game/season @ J.O.C from earlier this afternoon was deleted thinking the game was being moved...

BSB Begins Last Season at JOC on Tuesday

>>The UConn baseball team is set to begin its final season at J.O. Christian Field on Tuesday, March 26 at 3 p.m. against the University of Hartford.

UConn has played in the friendly confines of the J.O.C. since 1968 and will play its final season there in 2019 before moving across the street into its new ballpark in 2020.

The Huskies play their home opener after playing 21 games away from Storrs. During their opening road stretch, the team recorded a 13-8 record and 2-1 mark in the American Athletic Conference.

UConn has posted some early season highlights before even setting foot on its home diamond. The Huskies own a series win against No. 4 Louisville, a neutral site win vs. No. 25 Illinois and have won three-straight series.

Those series include taking two-of-three from Texas State and Houston and a four-game series sweep against Michigan State. It is the first time in program history that UConn swept a four-game set.

UConn plays Hartford and then follow it up with a Wednesday, March 27 home matchup against the Boston College Eagles beginning at 3 p.m.<<

Reaction Score
Who do we think gets the start on the mound tomorrow and Wednesday?

I would guess Kenny Haus tomorrow against Hartford, and Colby Dunlop on Wednesday against BC. They were both good in their previous starts. Barring an injury, I would be very surprised at anyone else getting one of the starts.

Reaction Score
Those two make a ton of sense and given they have both started recently had showed pretty well in their recent outings.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I hope to get to the game on Wednesday in Storrs, if the field is playable. I haven't been to JOC field in a long time - could never make the 3 p.m. starts. Now that I took early retirement, I can go. Is parking available in the lot across from the field?? I haven't been by there due to the construction on that street. Thanks for your help!

There are 2 parking garages to the north and south of the field. D lot is just off Alumni Drive and I lot is just off Jim Calhoun Way.

I am pretty sure there is no fee for parking but someone else can confirm.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If we open up the floodgates early, maybe we can see Lucas, Sanderson, etc.

Reaction Score
There are 2 parking garages to the north and south of the field. D lot is just off Alumni Drive and I lot is just off Jim Calhoun Way.

I am pretty sure there is no fee for parking but someone else can confirm.

@JeannoCT - I think Lot I coming in off Separatist Rd is your best/closet bet. I was up there a few weeks ago to pick up the young one for Break and it appears Jim Calhoun Way is blocked just after the turn by Freitas Rink.

Reaction Score
Thank you both very much. I appreciate the help. There was a link on one of the boards for an article from the Daily Campus. It was asking us to get out of the AAC. Duh. But there was also an article about Laz parking screwing up the Storrs center parking. I was just trying to avoid a $30 ticket.

Reaction Score
@JeannoCT - I think Lot I coming in off Separatist Rd is your best/closet bet. I was up there a few weeks ago to pick up the young one for Break and it appears Jim Calhoun Way is blocked just after the turn by Freitas Rink.

That is correct. The only way to get to the field by motor vehicle is taking the back way up Separatist Road to Jim Calhoun way due to the new stadium construction. You also cannot get to Jim Calhoun Way by cutting through the Hilltop Apts lot anymore since the back entrance to that lot is now locked off.

Reaction Score
The fact that the grounds crew has the field ready after the 84 corridor where Storrs is got hit with significant snow that was not forecasted on Saturday am is amazing. I would have lost some good money if one asked me to wager whether or not field would be playable for Hartford game.

Reaction Score
Haus gets the start... Pat Winkel still sidelined (hopefully sits today and is available tomorrow).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom