UConn v. Hartford (3/29@3p@ JOC), UConn v. CCSU (3/30@3p@ JOC) & UConn @ Hartford (3/31@3p@ DDP) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Hartford (3/29@3p@ JOC), UConn v. CCSU (3/30@3p@ JOC) & UConn @ Hartford (3/31@3p@ DDP)

Reaction Score
I don't know if there was over 2100, unless they counted the first game as well. We had just over 30 in our group.

Reaction Score
Amore: UConn's Starters Are Putting Up Zeroes, And Huskies Are On A Roll

“It’s such a big-league atmosphere,” Penders said. “Having the bus roll up to that brick facade, it doesn’t get old. We love coming here. Our grass at J.O. Christian Field never gets this green. It could be late June and it’s not this green. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

I could definitely understand this. UConn baseball gets on J.O. Christian as soon as it is usable in March or whenever, and I doubt that is too good for the grass. I'm inclined to think the fields at minor league parks get a lot more care to them.

Reaction Score
I could definitely understand this. UConn baseball gets on J.O. Christian as soon as it is usable in March or whenever, and I doubt that is too good for the grass. I'm inclined to think the fields at minor league parks get a lot more care to them.

Yup... didn’t think the comment was out of the ordinary in context when comparing the two fields. Penders can now chose his favorite hue of green for the turf for the future...

Reaction Score
The park looked incredible considering the weather. Got to hand it to grounds crew field looked MLB quality. I think penders is so excited to play in a real stadium all the small things look that much better.

Reaction Score
I love this and hate this at the same time....

When I first started following UConn college baseball I was always worried about players leaving early. No more. I have come to realize that it is a mark of a successful program, and that these players getting drafted after their junior year serves the purpose of attracting future talented players into the program.

Reaction Score
Wallace will be the 4th UConn reliever in 4 years taken in the MLB draft next year (Ruotolo, Russell and PJ)

Remember, Wallace had a tough time of it last season as a freshman, just as Simeone and Dunlop have been shaky so far this season. Simeone is talented, hopefully he will develop and make it five in a row.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom