UConn v. Cincy Post Game Coverage | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Cincy Post Game Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CoachingSearch Assistant Coaches of the Week — Week 6

Coaches of the Week 6.jpg

>>Defensive line coach: Vincent Brown (UConn) - UConn held Cincinnati to just 2 rushing yards in a 20-9 win. That’s 0.1 yards per rush on 22 attempts. The defense also had two sacks.<<

Reaction Score
LOL

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 4h4 hours ago
The #Cincinnati #Bearcats still haven't fired Tommy Tuberville. Makes no sense to keep a coach who blames fans for his failures and losses

C. Austin Cox ‏@C_Austin_Cox 4h4 hours ago
#Cincinnati #Bearcats short list (w/ "will be" availables): Les Miles, Charlie Strong, P. J. Fleck (WMU), John Grass (JSU) and Brian Kelly??

RDC@culverrd 2 hours ago
@UCPrezDav even though you're the interm president. @mikebohn_uc needs to fire Tuberville now. Or you need to fire both of them.#Bearcats

Reaction Score
It's insulting when your opponent says losing a relatively competitive game against you is the absolute rock bottom they've ever reached. We're not a Division 2 school.

I hate Cincinnati. We have the better team and I'm glad we sent their program into chaos.
Don't forget Jalen Adams!

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Geez - gotta love those supportive CT sportswriters. Stumbled across this while looking @ another article on recruiting. Not sure what provoked this little rant but it was around kick-off/Q1 based on time stamps.

Scott Ericson ‏@EricsonSports 11h 11 hours ago
UConn and UMass are not D1 football schools. End this charade. Reform the Yankee Conference!

Scott Ericson ‏@EricsonSports 10h 10 hours ago
Plan for UConn: Drop football, beg Big East basketball to take you back.

(Sports Writer Stamford Advocate/Hearst Connecticut Media. Uni-Browse)
Hey Scott Erickson, Nobody cares what you think. Connecticut Football has shown it can compete at the big boy level. They will get back there, when they do, maybe you can write about that too.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Geez - gotta love those supportive CT sportswriters. Stumbled across this while looking @ another article on recruiting. Not sure what provoked this little rant but it was around kick-off/Q1 based on time stamps.

Scott Ericson ‏@EricsonSports 11h 11 hours ago
UConn and UMass are not D1 football schools. End this charade. Reform the Yankee Conference!

Scott Ericson ‏@EricsonSports 10h 10 hours ago
Plan for UConn: Drop football, beg Big East basketball to take you back.

(Sports Writer Stamford Advocate/Hearst Connecticut Media. Uni-Browse)
Who care. That's a joke of a paper- like how did he get let into the press box anyway?

Reaction Score
Did anyone catch during the broadcast they talked about foley and myers bench numbers. He said one was 490 the other was right behind him at 450. Those are some strong dudes!

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 4h 4 hours ago
#UConn is now ranked 11th in FBS in rushing defense (98.8 yards per game). USF is 12th in rushing offense (260.5).

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 3h 3 hours ago
#UConn is 4th in FBS with 550 passing yards in 4th quarter. Huskies have 18 pass plays of at least 15 yards in 4th, 2nd to UCLA

If ever, in the history of statistics, there has been a statistic that doesn't seem to agree with what I've been seeing with my own eyes, there it is.

Reaction Score
If ever, in the history of statistics, there has been a statistic that doesn't seem to agree with what I've been seeing with my own eyes, there it is.

The last time we were that close to UCLA Ray Allen was in short pants.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When you're always trailing in the,4th your gonna throw alot.

Reaction Score
When you're always trailing in the,4th your gonna throw alot.
If any fans should know this, it's UConn fans. throwing =/= completing.

Completing passes longer than 15 yards, when the other team is trying to prevent long pass plays, still isn't easy.

Reaction Score
If any fans should know this, it's UConn fans. throwing =/= completing.

Completing passes longer than 15 yards, when the other team is trying to prevent long pass plays, still isn't easy.
Correct. It is also easier to complete passed when you pass the ball as opposed to handing off or having the QB scramble for 3yds repeatedly.

This past game we may have thrown less in the 4th quarter, because we threw early and built up a lead. We have a QB that can throw a little and some decent weapons. Hopefully Saturday was the start of a trend. Of all thing that impressed me Saturday was that we kept trying to throw,after the 2 1st half ints despite being down only 2 scores.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek