UConn v. BU (2/15 @ XL @7:05 & 2/16 @ BU @7:00) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. BU (2/15 @ XL @7:05 & 2/16 @ BU @7:00)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Just got home but I haven’t stopped screaming, what a great game. I didn’t get a hat but I did get two towels. But the win was more appreciated.
3284A313-03FF-4F5D-8046-05AEF7862096.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great win last night. Feels like last year except a little late. Seems like we might have found our goaltender for next year too

Reaction Score
UConn's got a scrappy team who, despite not being the most talented group Cav's had, plays hard and is fundamentally sound. He's got them pressuring forwards in the neutral and defensive zone without getting roasted or out of position. Much improved from when we played back in November.

My guys, on the other hand, are a disaster and are in full-on tank for Zion mode.

Reaction Score
UConn's got a scrappy team who, despite not being the most talented group Cav's had, plays hard and is fundamentally sound. He's got them pressuring forwards in the neutral and defensive zone without getting roasted or out of position. Much improved from when we played back in November.

My guys, on the other hand, are a disaster and are in full-on tank for Zion mode.
Cav definitely has these guys playing a tight game...you can see the teaching going on in between shifts form where I sit. It's pretty cool to see.
I was watching some of the guys mentioned in some of the Trade Deadline stuff that's out there. As a hockey fan I'm surprised at the development of Fabbro, Krys and Bowers. I thought these guys would be like Greenway and Keller..making the jump into the NHL and producing after this season. After last night I think they need at least a season or 2 minimum in the AHL. What are your thoughts?

Reaction Score
Cav definitely has these guys playing a tight game...you can see the teaching going on in between shifts form where I sit. It's pretty cool to see.
I was watching some of the guys mentioned in some of the Trade Deadline stuff that's out there. As a hockey fan I'm surprised at the development of Fabbro, Krys and Bowers. I thought these guys would be like Greenway and Keller..making the jump into the NHL and producing after this season. After last night I think they need at least a season or 2 minimum in the AHL. What are your thoughts?
Agreed, the difference in the level of three-zone awareness and fundamentals in the UConn players to me was very noticeable. That's all coaching.

Fabbro's 100% gone. Krys, Bowers, and Oettinger remain to be seen. Also any others who've been drafted. The three skaters have had difficulties this season in their development, in part due to some changes in system that the new coach put in place, in part because the team has just been bad. I'm hoping we hang on to all of them, no one besides Fabbro has a chance to make an NHL roster and Dallas is set in goal, so Oettinger going pro would just be to start in the AHL.

What's more concerning is it's unclear how the players have been receptive to the way the program has been run this season under Albie. Our incoming class next year is chock full of young talent, but if we don't hang on to the older guys it's going to be another rough go for us.

Reaction Score
Agreed, the difference in the level of three-zone awareness and fundamentals in the UConn players to me was very noticeable. That's all coaching.

Fabbro's 100% gone. Krys, Bowers, and Oettinger remain to be seen. Also any others who've been drafted. The three skaters have had difficulties this season in their development, in part due to some changes in system that the new coach put in place, in part because the team has just been bad. I'm hoping we hang on to all of them, no one besides Fabbro has a chance to make an NHL roster and Dallas is set in goal, so Oettinger going pro would just be to start in the AHL.

What's more concerning is it's unclear how the players have been receptive to the way the program has been run this season under Albie. Our incoming class next year is chock full of young talent, but if we don't hang on to the older guys it's going to be another rough go for us.
I know on USCHO BU fans seemed to be calling for Albie to get the job immediately after Quinn left for NY. Do you think he has done a good job or do you think they should have done a search?
Curry seemed to be the only kid skating with any grit last night. Farrabee hopefully takes the next step...and the kids coming in fill the holes that develop. It may not be a bad idea for Oettinger to stay in school next season and try the FA route like Hayes and Vesey did. With the lack of goaltenders in the NHL he can pick his spot. It's been interesting seeing those guys develop as a pure hockey fan thats for sure.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Missed chances tonight....lots of em. Oh well, still playing pretty good hockey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom