UConn v. Boston College @ J.O.C. (3/27/19 @ 3p) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn v. Boston College @ J.O.C. (3/27/19 @ 3p)

Reaction Score
Interesting changes to the UConn lineup today, with among other things Woodworth playing 2B. Interesting that Will Lucas gets another midweek start at 3B. I'm figuring that the coaching staff has determined that Lucas is the best long term solution to the position, despite the problems he has had starting the season. So I'm guessing that Lucas will continue to get midweek starts to try to get him going. Who knows what it will be for conference play, perhaps back to the 3B merry go round with Moriarty and company, at least until there comes the time that Lucas has proved himself enough with the bat and glove to be totally trusted with the spot.
I think Penders views Lucas as Prato’s replacement at shortstop next year, need to give him enoufgh ab’s to keep him from getting frustrated and leaving the program.

Reaction Score
I think Penders views Lucas as Prato’s replacement at shortstop next year, need to give him enoufgh ab’s to keep him from getting frustrated and leaving the program.

I agree that the coaching staff has viewed Lucas as the probable shortstop after Prato is gone. Still, Penders has always tried to get playing time for talented young players. With the situation at 3B this year, none of the veterans (Moriarty, Phillips, Langer) have been satisfactory there. In such a case, at least for this year, I'm thinking that Penders may have just decided to run with the kid who has plenty of upside and see if he can grow into the position.

Reaction Score
As long as the rotation doesn’t cost you - dramatically - at 3B defense, I understand the logic. No ones leaped above the others. Lucas should be tested

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom