UConn v. Boston College (Friday 2/1/19 @ 7:05p - on CW20) | The Boneyard

UConn v. Boston College (Friday 2/1/19 @ 7:05p - on CW20)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Credit to UConn and Tribune for getting more games on TV. Makes it much easier to follow and care.

For those of a certain age - watching UConn on UHF 20 scratches a certain itch.

Screw BC. Win this game.

Reaction Score
BS call.

Nice to see a full student section. However, probably 1/2 have never been to a hockey game before

Reaction Score
Huska shoulda gloved that.

Now 3-1. Crowd was into it. Now it’s dead

Reaction Score
Empty netter. 5-3 final BC

They actually tried and showed up in the 3rd.

I give credit the students and fans that stayed for the entire 3rd

Being down 3 scores at the beginning of the last period/quarter most football or basketball fans would have headed to the exits.

Reaction Score
At what time does huska get put on shelf? The run last year was with him mostly on bench due to injury. This year has been no better with many weak goals going in. This ain’t working time to make some changes and seeing what else is there in net.

Reaction Score
Huska shoulda gloved that.

Now 3-1. Crowd was into it. Now it’s dead

Normally I'm a Huska fan (and I know that others disagree). But in this case goals 1 & 3 were on him. He got replaced by Vomacka for the third.

Reaction Score
What was up with Turnbull? Why'd he charge that guy from behind and lay him out cold? Was there some retaliation, or was he just being a jerk? And after a boarding call in the first?

One doesn't often see a single 5-minute major penalty - I mean they normally come in pairs, one for each team, in pro hockey, and they don't mean very much. Turnbull got a "disqualification" too, which means he's out for the next game or two games.

Reaction Score
Huska is horrid
He will be back next year
I’ve Ben saying that for 2 years. 2 soft goals. Right to pull him in the 3rd. If a goalie isn’t in this class Cav should be demoted to zamboni driver

Reaction Score
“Been” not “Ben”. But the point is the same. I’d start Vomaka next game (he hasn’t been impressive in limited play). Maybe give the English kid a shot even. Won’t be worse Season is a mess.

Reaction Score
Empty netter. 5-3 final BC

They actually tried and showed up in the 3rd.

I give credit the students and fans that stayed for the entire 3rd

Being down 3 scores at the beginning of the last period/quarter most football or basketball fans would have headed to the exits.
The crowd was pretty good I thought hanging in. Then getting into it in the 3rd. But does Cav coach a power play? I can’t think of a worse one I’ve seen. Skate to the blue line. Dump the puck into the corner and chase it. I’ve seen peewees with a more organized approach.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The crowd was pretty good I thought hanging in. Then getting into it in the 3rd. But does Cav coach a power play? I can’t think of a worse one I’ve seen. Skate to the blue line. Dump the puck into the corner and chase it. I’ve seen peewees with a more organized approach.

Dump and chase is a dying strategy for a reason. Dump and chasing with the worst team in the league is a strategic white flag.

They have dynamic forwards with skill, let them carry the puck in, please.

Reaction Score
l
Huska was great against Yale.
It's the weak goals that are his downfall and make u bang your head against the wall.
The wrap around goals are what get to me. He gets his body into position in time but doesnt hug the post properly and these BS goals squeak thru.
It's how we lost the first playoff game to BU last year in OT.

Reaction Score
Not only that though. First goal last night was a weak little floater from the blue line. Not a bullet. I’d go with Vomack from here on. Maybe he catches fire but if not we are no worse off.

Reaction Score
Best goalie I've ever seen in college hockey in CT is Alex Lyon, for Yale. That dude was a wall.

That dude from QU back from 2013 is behind him, Eric Hartzell.

Reaction Score
Not only that though. First goal last night was a weak little floater from the blue line. Not a bullet. I’d go with Vomack from here on. Maybe he catches fire but if not we are no worse off.
True but I wonder if the defender blocked his view.
From where I was it looked like a brutal goal to allow and against a good team its deflating when your goalie looks like crap and gives up an early crap goal

Reaction Score
True but I wonder if the defender blocked his view.
From where I was it looked like a brutal goal to allow and against a good team its deflating when your goalie looks like crap and gives up an early crap goal

It was right in front of me... Newpower half-a.xod went down to block the shot, and he got a lil piece of it while also screening huska.

Huska was looking center right and it deflected in from his left

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom