UConn v. BC (Thursday 12/6/18 @ 7p @ XL Center on CW20)/UConn @ BC (Friday 12/7/18 @ 7p on ESPN3) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. BC (Thursday 12/6/18 @ 7p @ XL Center on CW20)/UConn @ BC (Friday 12/7/18 @ 7p on ESPN3)

Reaction Score
“That was too easy”...

BC scores to make it 2-1 1:46 in.

Reaction Score
QU scores again, 7 left in the second. First goal was 45 seconds into the first period. 2-0. UMass was getting momentum but QU scores the second goal.

Reaction Score
This team needs to regroup. Ugly. This is not even a good BC team.

Reaction Score
QU getting the bounces and UMass getting no luck. If UMass keeps Carvel, they should be fine.

3-0, QU.

Reaction Score
Not as fugly as last night but still a L (seven of ‘em in a row for those still counting).

3-2 final.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
QU getting the bounces and UMass getting no luck. If UMass keeps Carvel, they should be fine.

3-0, QU.

UMass getting no luck is ironic as hell given every underlying stat says they've had a horseshoe up their assess for three months.

zls44

Reaction Score
Not as fugly as last night but still a L (seven of ‘em in a row for those still counting).

3-2 final.

Everyone go home for the holidays. Just need to reset.

Reaction Score
UMass getting no luck is ironic as hell given every underlying stat says they've had a horseshoe up their assess for three months.
They can play. They had solid shots on goal, just couldn't get it in. Took over the second half of the game as far puck control went.

Must win tonight in Amherst for UMass.

Reaction Score
When I say couldn't get it in, I mean crossbar, goalie skate, etc. QU's 4th goal was an empty netter.

Reaction Score
Awful performance. And can we please put someone else in goal. Huska gives up soft goal/game and plays with zero fire. Not sure he has ever come up big in a big spot.

As to raw talent you can see it there but BC has more skilled “polished” players.

I've been impressed, in past games, with Huska. I'll admit that on Thursday I wasn't really watching Huska's reactions ... I was too busy clutching my guts from the defensive brain-farts that led to the shots that got past poor Huska. I think (OK, "I think" based on watching one game from up with the pigeons in the $12 seats) that the defense needs some attention. Also, from what I saw, the offense generated some nice positional opportunities ... and then lobbed meatballs as the BC keeper.

Reaction Score
I've been impressed, in past games, with Huska. I'll admit that on Thursday I wasn't really watching Huska's reactions ... I was too busy clutching my guts from the defensive brain-farts that led to the shots that got past poor Huska. I think (OK, "I think" based on watching one game from up with the pigeons in the $12 seats) that the defense needs some attention. Also, from what I saw, the offense generated some nice positional opportunities ... and then lobbed meatballs as the BC keeper.
As I’ve said multiple times I have the opposite view of Huska. To me he is very mechanical. And generally his mechanics are very good. But he lacks something, call it instinct. I thought so when he was a freshman and I still think that’s the case. It’s no accident that the team went on a run last year when he was injured and a far less technically good goaltender in Tanner Creel took over. He made plays Huska would never in a million years made, because they required instinct not mechanics. And he inspired his mates in a way Huska does not.

Reaction Score
UMass beat QU, 3-1, in front of a sold-out Mullins Center. UMass is a legitimate contender.

zls44

Reaction Score
As I’ve said multiple times I have the opposite view of Huska. To me he is very mechanical. And generally his mechanics are very good. But he lacks something, call it instinct. I thought so when he was a freshman and I still think that’s the case. It’s no accident that the team went on a run last year when he was injured and a far less technically good goaltender in Tanner Creel took over. He made plays Huska would never in a million years made, because they required instinct not mechanics. And he inspired his mates in a way Huska does not.

If you'd rather have Tanner Creel in goal you're out of your freaking mind.

Reaction Score
If you'd rather have Tanner Creel in goal you're out of your freaking mind.
Nope I would rather have him but I look at the record and actual performance and I’m not overly impressed with Huska. For all the allocates he got he has been a very average net minder. As I said he gets high marks for technique but he is lacking in something. I called it instinct but really it is more like fire in the belly. I don’t really know but he should be better than he has been.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom