UConn v. #8 Providence (Tuesday - 2/26/19 @ 7p) | The Boneyard

UConn v. #8 Providence (Tuesday - 2/26/19 @ 7p)

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Well, knocking off a ranked PC could take some of the sting out of not making the playoffs. Maybe they have a bit of a let down after beating UMass.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
That was a beating

Reaction Score
Another great performance by Adam Huska. He has gotten worse and worse thru his career at Uconn.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Another great performance by Adam Huska. He has gotten worse and worse thru his career at Uconn.
Enough already....the first two goals were on the defense.

zls44

Reaction Score
For those who didn't see me tweet it out, shot attempts were Providence 61, UConn 34.

That's catching a beating.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For those who didn't see me tweet it out, shot attempts were Providence 61, UConn 34.

That's catching a beating.

i didnt know that was possible.

zls44

Reaction Score
i didnt know that was possible.

Its hard to do, but they manage to pull it off a few times every year. Usually against Northeastern or PC.

When they got their first win at PC in 2014, I don't have the exact numbers but since the goalie made 60+ saves, I'd guess PC easily had 90 shots.

zls44

Reaction Score
Enough already....the first two goals were on the defense.

The first goal was the dumbest breakout attempt I ever saw in my life- until the second goal.

And don't get me started on when they had an extra attacker and tripped on their own blue line setting it up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Its hard to do, but they manage to pull it off a few times every year. Usually against Northeastern or PC.

When they got their first win at PC in 2014, I don't have the exact numbers but since the goalie made 60+ saves, I'd guess PC easily had 90 shots.

I went twice this season and half watch the games on TV. There is something wrong - with what they have they shouldn’t lose every night.

The schedule hurt them but not sure it should have been fatal.

zls44

Reaction Score
I went twice this season and half watch the games on TV. There is something wrong - with what they have they shouldn’t lose every night.

The schedule hurt them but not sure it should have been fatal.

They've had a top-5 recruiting class in the league pretty much every year.

Imagine if Kentucky basketball was finishing bottom-three in the SEC all the time.

Reaction Score
They've had a top-5 recruiting class in the league pretty much every year.

Imagine if Kentucky basketball was finishing bottom-three in the SEC all the time.
Except last year.
I'm trying to hold fire until we see how next years team does with another year under its belt.

Reaction Score
It is time for a coaching change. The one thing that has been consistent since Cavanaugh joined the staff at UConn is 1) no playoff wins & 2) Cavanaugh. You can tell the players don't have consistent energy every game - this starts with the coaching staff. Cavanaugh has repeatedly mentioned that "we just didn't have the energy tonight". Well that starts with him, he has underperformed every year he has been head coach. His in-game adjustments are minimal at best, if any.

The only positive thing I have seen out of him are his "recruiting classes". I remember back when he took the job, he said he just needed his guys and they would be a contender in Hockey East. This year they are "young" but that is on him, in my opinion. A coach has a very good idea when players are going to leave early/graduate.

There is no excuse for not having facilities either. From what I have heard most of the players enjoy playing in Hartford, especially after they made the renovations for the new locker rooms, etc. Look at Arizona State, for example they do not have an on-campus facility yet they are a top 10 team this year. A good coach can take a subpar team a long ways. I want to see this program be a contender every year and be excited for the games. This doesn't seem likely anytime in the near future with Cavanaugh behind the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom