UConn v. #17 Providence (Friday 2/4/22 @ 7:05p @ XL Center on NESN+ & streamed on CollegeSportsLive) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v. #17 Providence (Friday 2/4/22 @ 7:05p @ XL Center on NESN+ & streamed on CollegeSportsLive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 9m
Head Coach Mike Cavanaugh: “I was certainly very pleased with tonight’s win. … It was a good gutsy effort with all four lines going.”

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 10m
Cavanaugh: “We want to be physical every night. Tonight we were extra physical.”

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports
9m
Cavanaugh: “I thought John Spetz had his best game of the year.”

Cavanaugh on the equalizing goal by Spetz. “It was a big goal for us because it was a bounce-back goal.”

Cavanaugh on Tverberg: “It’s great to get him back on the scoring sheet.”

Cavanaugh: “We did a good job defending our house (in front of the net).”

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 3m
Spetz: “We have a lot of competitive guys … We took it to them honestly for a good chunk of that game.”

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 2m
Spetz on his goal: “It happened quick. … I don’t know who was screening, but it was a great screen.”

Spetz: “Last game, I had a couple one-timers just miss the net. … I had my head up the whole time.”

Spetz on the game-winner: “Ryan did a good job of using his legs and getting to that far post.”

Reaction Score
Finally beat PC @ home. 1st ever win @ home against PC.

Man, they gotta schedule PC vs UConn 4pm hockey and a 8pm basketball game in the next season or two.

I think we could actually get #misson9k

Hopefully we close to that against UMass next game.

Reaction Score
Finally beat PC @ home. 1st ever win @ home against PC.

Man, they gotta schedule PC vs UConn 4pm hockey and a 8pm basketball game in the next season or two.

I think we could actually get #misson9k

Hopefully we close to that against UMass next game.
So they’ve won at BC for the first time and beat providence at home for the first time. Not bad

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yessssss!!!!!

4BA5EF19-437C-40AF-BC83-BC576BFF986B.jpeg

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Most physical I can remember them playing. They came out and took it to PC like I have never seen. God that was an entertaining game.
Agreed!

Reaction Score
When hockey is played like that there’s not a sport better to watch live.
It was like the old Whalers days where you were waiting for someone to throw the gloves.
And give credit to Capone, he came out and set the physical tone while playing smart.
I don’t count it against him where he was called for that BS slash when he lifted the providence players stick up.
I swear the refs were intoxicated tonight.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
When hockey is played like that there’s not a sport better to watch live.
It was like the old Whalers days where you were waiting for someone to throw the gloves.
And give credit to Capone, he came out and set the physical tone while playing smart.
I don’t count it against him where he was called for that BS slash when he lifted the providence players stick up.
I swear the refs were intoxicated tonight.
Total bs penalty…we played smart and hard tonight. The refs were the problem.

Reaction Score
Had the game DVRed & watched it last last night. Outstanding play by the Huskies. They won in spite of the officiating. That "no goal" was incidental contact & should have never been waved off. Great job guys sticking it to the Friars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom