UConn-USF thread (somebody's gotta do it) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn-USF thread (somebody's gotta do it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nope - just USF playing tough defense all game in their home gym. Not atypical for games at USF. I thought it was interesting that they played straight up on everyone and only overplayed when the ball went inside. I was a little surprised how closely they covered Moriah off ball. Uconn was a little sloppy, but that was partly USF just being positionally strong. And with the short bench I think Geno was happy to run a fairly slow half court offense as well to chorine the game - when both teams are using that much of the shot clock, scoring is going to be light.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I just realized that 5' 7" tied for the team lead in rebounds.

Not bad.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While I think Geno started the talk with a quip, I would like to make a request of posters. Moriah Jefferson is a sophomore in college and an impressive young woman. She may be the shortest player on the court most days, and she is physically not very imposing - she is fairly average in height and weight for a woman. I find I have the same reaction to the continued reference to her being junior high or high school age that other posters had to someone calling Stewart 'goofy'. I think it shows a lack of respect. She is not a child but a young woman.
Sorry to be curmudgeony
And now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
While I think Geno started the talk with a quip, I would like to make a request of posters. Moriah Jefferson is a sophomore in college and an impressive young woman. She may be the shortest player on the court most days, and she is physically not very imposing - she is fairly average in height and weight for a woman. I find I have the same reaction to the continued reference to her being junior high or high school age that other posters had to someone calling Stewart 'goofy'. I think it shows a lack of respect. She is not a child but a young woman.
Sorry to be curmudgeony
Yes, only on a basketball or volleyball court can 5'7" be considered short for a woman.

Reaction Score
Sorry to be curmudgeony

Send Geno your post, he started calling Mo Jeff a seventh grader.

Reaction Score
63 - 38. Season low as JA tweeted. Missing KML already?
Big threat gone, inside and out. Saniya just wasn't quite ready for prime-time. Maybe, hopefully, next game. Would rather they keep Kiah in reserve for front court foul trouble than start her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom