UConn/USF game thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn/USF game thread

Reaction Score
Uconn struggles against USF, surprisingly, and eeks out a 5 to 8 point win. They are visibly tired by the end of the game

God I wish I was not so close to being right the other day....

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The idea of taking out Jalen is silly...unless it's a 30 second hook to refocus him. The team can't compete without him out there.

It would have been nice to get a blowout and rest him though. He's clearly not at 100%

He's at like 40%

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The idea of taking out Jalen is silly...unless it's a 30 second hook to refocus him. The team can't compete without him out there.

It would have been nice to get a blowout and rest him though. He's clearly not at 100%

It's not silly if he plays add badly as he did tonight. He really must be in pain. You know that if we don't have at least an 80% Jalen tomorrow, then it doesn't matter anyway. That's why you sit him. To win the tourney, not the game...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yup. But it's survive & advance now.

Hey, I'll take it. I don't like it one bit. But it's better than losing to the worst team in the conference on our home floor.

Reaction Score
Hate ESPN.. most negative announcers on UConn as usual. Guy on buzzer beater says we are not capable of beating Houston, Cincinnati and SMU.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Hate ESPN.. most negative announcers on UConn as usual. Guy on buzzer beater says we are not capable of beating Houston, Cincinnati and SMU.

There's only one thing to do about that...

Reaction Score
He said we're not capable of beating Cincy and SMU which is true. He said he thinks Houston will beat us, which I agree with.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I'm a homer, but dude...

Reaction Score
We can't

Only lost to SMU 2 weeks ago by 8. Houston? Gotta guard them from the perimeter. Also make our shots and get to the line like we did tonight, and we should be in it.

There's only one thing to do about that...

It's showtime for Rodney. Last year Jalen, year before Boatright, and now it's Purvis's turn to put us in the finals.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Only lost to SMU 2 weeks ago by 8. Houston? Gotta guard them from the perimeter. Also make our shots and get to the line like we did tonight, and we should be in it.

It's showtime for Rodney. Last year Jalen, year before Boatright, and now it's Purvis's turn to put us in the finals.

I love the moxie. Don't let this place beat it out of you. Remember that the Julian calendar goes:

January, February, UCONN, UCONN, May, June...

Reaction Score
I love the moxie. Don't let this place beat it out of you. Remember that the Julian calendar goes:

January, February, UCONN, UCONN, May, June...

Oh it doesn't bother me much, we have a good history of making it to the finals ever since joining the AAC.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh it doesn't bother me much, we have a good history of making it to the finals ever since joining the AAC.

I love the positivity, but just checking: did you watch the game tonight?

Reaction Score
Facey isn't as embarrassing as Brimah but he's been equally horrible.
Facey put the "ugh" in ugly tonight: 0-6, 2 pts, 3 rbs, 5 fouls.
What has gone wrong with him the past few games?

Reaction Score
I love the positivity, but just checking: did you watch the game tonight?
Indeed I did. They got complacent with their lead they had and allowed them to score from beyond the arc, that defense needs to be cleaned up of course, but we had Rodney step up which was huge and we also made our shots at the line, otherwise we wouldn't of been in this.

Reaction Score
Day one and we are worrying about attendance totals. More games we win, the attendance will go up, doesn't help when its on a Thursday evening when people have to go to work tomorrow. Nonetheless, wonder where this guy drew his attendance totals up from.

Reaction Score
Day one and we are worrying about attendance totals. More games we win, the attendance will go up, doesn't help when its on a Thursday evening when people have to go to work tomorrow. Nonetheless, wonder where this guy drew his attendance totals up from.

Reaction Score
it really is not impossible.. we came within 5 at Hofheinz, this time we have our home court advantage that hopefully works in our favor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom