Uconn-usa, Hartley rout Maui

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TroyHouse66

USA, Hartley rout Maui in WUG opener

July 8th, 2013 6:56 pm
By Carl Adamec
Bria Hartley had a good feeling as she got prepared for the United States national team’s World University Games opener against Mali Monday.
“Warming up, I was thinking, ‘I like this gym,’ and I was hitting shots,” Hartley said.
The University of Connecticut’s rising senior guard hit all seven of her shots from the floor and finished with 17 points as Team USA routed Maui 120-32 in Kazan, Russia.
Louisville’s Shoni Schimmel added 13 points and nine assists as Team USA was never threatened and 57-20 at halftime.
“Getting some steals and pushing in transition helped us,” Hartley said. “We were able to push the ball up the court. Shoni had some awesome passes. Odyssey (Baylor’s Sims) had some awesome passes. We really shared the ball well.”
Team USA had a Games record 34 assists and shot 66.2 percent from the floor. UConn’s Kaleena
Mosqueda-Lewis chipped in 12 points as the Americans had six players in double figures.
“They really seemed to enjoy making one another look good, which was fun to see, and it’s going to have to be our M.O. throughout this tournament,” Team USA coach Sherri Coale said. “And so it was neat to see all of the assists, and the selflessness on the floor, and the team work and the championship behavior.”
Team USA will face the Czech Republic in pool play Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. EDT.

T

TroyHouse66

L Steinberg (CLAS '69) • 6 hours ago
We in Hawai'i deeply resent UConn Huskies participating in an unprovoked attack on our islands. If you do it again, we are prepared to suspend the delivery of pineapples and small umbrellas to Storrs... NO Mai Tai for Aggressors!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
You think that was bad - wait 'til you see what they do to Oahu!

HGN

Reaction Score
Don't blame it on Storrs............Blame it on Ademec. He started the whole thing.:D:)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mali, Maui... Part of the US or not, put 'em knock down until they don't get up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom