UConn, top 30 team next year. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn, top 30 team next year.

Reaction Score
BOOM. I was trying to think up a comparison and you did that for me. Moore was an All-American honorable mention, which is what I expect from Cole. Bouknight is either second or third team All-American next year.

Only 1 player has done at least all those stats in the last decade in the Big East, Marcus Zegarowski of Creighton this past year. He was unanimous 2nd team all Big East (even with them doing 6 guys on 1st team for some reason). So rough translation is best AAC player in decent AAC season is 7th best Big East player in good Big East season.

Somehow Jalen Brunson only averaged 4.6 and 4.1 assists per game.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I think we’re still a solid perimeter piece away from being a top 30 team. As of right now we have 4 guards on our roster. We typically start 3 guards. We desperately need another guard.

Reaction Score
Yeah, nobody has heard anything. Hurley hasn’t even mentioned his name since he transferred here. Take care. You’ll feel foolish when he’s putting up 1st team all BE numbers.
Wow. His game must be sick. Ok. I’ll be ready

Reaction Score
So you're still not willing to admit you were wrong?

Wrong about what? I posted a twitter comment by Rothstein that I felt was relevant to the conversation we are having about transfers and their performance.

Reaction Score
Wrong about what? I posted a twitter comment by Rothstein that I felt was relevant to the conversation we are having about transfers and their performance.
Because it's not relevant to the conversation about RJ Cole

Reaction Score
Most transfer comparisons, whether grad transfer or undergrad, are not valid in terms of RJ Cole. If I recall correctly, Cole has scored over 1500 points AND has 415 assists thru two D1 seasons. I doubt there are many (if any) transfers out there who were that prolific in terms of scoring and facilitating, even at lower level conferences.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing Cole on the floor with Bouknight and Jackson. That strikes me as a lot of firepower at guard/wing.

Reaction Score
You will be pleasantly surprised. I am truly expecting at a minimum 14.5 PPG, 5 APG and ~38% from deep.
I think everyone is In agreement he’s going to be a good player hopefully really good, I think if he averaged 10 and 5 that would put us in a great place on a balanced team where no one is over burdened with the load of leading due to the increased talent

Reaction Score
Because it's not relevant to the conversation about RJ Cole

Depends which conversation you're having. My conversation was about realistic expectations about RJ, who happens to be transfer, and his production after sitting out season.

Rothstein's tweet focused on grad transfers, so they don't have to sit a year but 100% still struggled going from a mid major to a power conference. RJ, despite sitting a year is still coming from a mid major and going to a power conference.

That seems relevant to me especially given the conversation that was taking place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom